Relocate the Reg/Rec (bill h)
- Remove the reg/rec from the stock bracket, then remove the bracket from
the bike…or leave it on and attach a large tool bag like I did. (see tip for tool bag)
- Cut the wire ties that hold the regulator wires to the frame.
- Remove the left side floor boards, shifter arms and the engine cover. The
regulator wires are inside this area.
- Reroute the regulator wires to the front of the engine to the radiator.
- There are mounting tabs on each side of the frame under the radiator.
- Make a bracket like the one below. (Pic 1) Paint or polish the bracket.
- Mount the new bracket to the frame tabs with the spacers between the tabs
and the bracket…I put the bolts in from the front and used chrome acorn nuts
on the back…they ARE visible.
- Then mount the reg/rec to the front of the bracket...there should be
enough wire to have a bit of slack in it.
- Zip tie the wires where needed then put the engine cover, etc. back on.
Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Rectifier Bracket Drawings - (bill h)
Shows Relocated Regulator/Rectifier - Front of bike (Rideon).