New Rider and My First Bike is a Difter

Started by Dcall, January 01, 2023, 21:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
And congrats for your nice scoot! You're very lucky with it, as it's got many after market parts that nowadays are way hard to find...
Once you're be able to ride, you'll see by yourself that our Drifters are real head turners!  8)

I love my swingin' bike!

Dcall

I plan on taking the rider safety course in the spring as soon as I can schedule it. Currently, they don't have the schedule posted due to bad riding weather it being Upstate NY and all. Before then I'm going to take the bike in for service it has 43000 miles on it I'm not sure everything was kept up with. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Like Like x 1 View List

chief

Congrats. At this point the Drifter is a vintage bike which is great and terrible at the same time. The 1500 is a heavy bike, so you need to start slowly and get some experience. If available take a bike instruction/safety course. An older bike needs TLC, so make sure you stay on top of the maintenance. There are a bunch of knowledgeable people here and a lot of materials to help you if needed.

Welcome aboard. Stay safe.

Cheers.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Dcall

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce Myself. I have just bought a 2000 1500 Drifter as it is my first motorcycle ever and I have never ridden a day in my life I am really looking forward to starting the adventure. My wife started riding a Can-Am spyder last year and loves it I knew it wouldn't be long until I had to get something to join her on. When I saw this bike in the ad for sale I passed on 10 different HD and Hondas for this one.

Like Like x 1 View List

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk