Chain and sprocket replacement.

Started by Cochise, November 26, 2022, 11:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OR Seedman

wow  your cost from partzilla is high....didn't show those prices on my account....anyway, I bought mine off of Amazon for a lot less at the time...but that was about 4 years ago....paid around $100 for all three....

OR Seedman

Cochise

Thanks Or Seedman.  This is turning out to be an eye opener. Partzilla is $ 280 for the chain and $90 for sprockets = $ 370.  I can get a Caltric chain and sprockets for $ 50. I realize one is OEM , but unless the Caltric chain is made of rope, thats a huge difference. I have never bought that brand , does anyone have an opinion?  Also it fits the Vulcan classic but says won"t fit the Drifter. I was under the impression it fits the 800 Drifter, but could  someone  confirm that.

chief

Quote from: Cochise on November 26, 2022, 11:09:36 AM

Hey fellows, my Drifter has been mothballed for a while so I've been away from the site. Have a 2000 800 Drifter here for some maintenance. 26,000 miles on original chain and sprockets. I want to replace all three, but I'm struggling to find replacements. Any suggestions on where to buy from ?

I'd just like to remind you to use the SEARCH on the forum. If you don't limit the boards searched, you will get a bunch of links to sift through. I like to go to the lower part of the search and limit the boards that will be searched.

I found several discussions on this subject when I searched on "sprocket" and limited the boards to eliminate some of the news boards.

Cheers. 

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

OR Seedman

rear 40T sprocket:   42041-1519
front 17T sprocket:  92057-1284 
chain:                      92057-1284  

All available on Partzilla.com and other Kawasaki OEM part houses.  I actually replaced the front with an 18T and the back with a 38T.  Lowered the rpms a bit for better highway cruising....I think others on here have done the same...18T is the max size you can put in the space for the front...same chain works for both sprocket sets...

OR Seedman

Cochise

Hey fellows, my Drifter has been mothballed for a while so I've been away from the site. Have a 2000 800 Drifter here for some maintenance. 26,000 miles on original chain and sprockets. I want to replace all three, but I'm struggling to find replacements. Any suggestions on where to buy from ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk