Motorcycle jack/stand for vn800?

Started by Timmomo, July 31, 2022, 14:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

I use this one. By careful placing I can lift either the rear wheel or the front wheel off the ground.
I've had it for about 7 years. It cost about £35 from ebay then - more now!

Ride safe, live long and prosper.

chief

If you do a search on "lift adapter" you will find several resources on the forum...

like this one...

https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php/topic,18507.msg53958.html#msg53958

Access SEARCH in the top nav bar.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

gwilki

I have this one that I use for my 1500

https://www.amazon.com/Torin-Big-Red-Motorcycle-Jack/dp/B000CODPFG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Torin+BIG+RED+JACKS+Hydraulic+Powersports+Lift+Jack+%28Motorcycle%2C+ATV%2C+UTV%2C+Snowmobile%29%3A+3%2F4+Ton+%281%2C500+lb%29+Capacity%2C+Red&qid=1660046411&sr=8-1

I found the templates that replace the rubber coated pads on the jack, which allow the jack to perfectly fit the frame of the 1500. It's easy to jack the bike off the ground and it is very solid.

This is the link to the adapters. I realize that they are for a 1500, but you could likely mod them to fit your 800

https://www.vulcangadgets.com/files/mcliftadapter.html

Timmomo

Thanks fellas.  CCD: I purchased one of those roller stands, but can't imagine how to actually ROLL the wheel to and fro.  My 560lb baby doesn't seem to want to let 'er back wheel roll (out of gear, of course) without herculean strength, which I could muster, but don't really want to struggle.  And it would seem that EVERY mo-cycle jack I've found (budget 150$ or less) is spaced in such a way either either hitting the something delicate next to the kickstand mount or resting on the cooling fins on the bottom of the engine.  Kind of frustrating.

Thanks for your guys' inputs!

T.

Knees in the breeze and bugs in my teeth beat a good days' work every time!

CARPE DIEM DRIFTER

Timmomo, Are you just looking to clean white walls, wheels or lubricate a drive chain? A wheel cleaning roller stand is an inexpensive alternative to a motorcycle lift. The roller stand is also very compact compared to a lift. Harbor Freight has a good quality roller stand for about $30.00 . The unit is marketed under the brand name Haul Master with the  Harbor Freight SKU#98800. This is the unit that I used until I purchased a Larin MAL-2C motorcycle jack that came with an adjustable adapter cradle to fit our VN800 Drifters. Lift works great when cycle is properly strapped to lift. I purchased this lift over ten years ago, but I think that it is still available.

Happy Drifting, CDD

mittico68

I'm using this kind of jack stand:  "1100 LB Red Motorcycle Scooter Crank Stand Mini Scissor Lift Jack ATV Dirt Bike" (see pic).
That's listed on Ebay.
Sorry, but i can't put here the exact address (dunno why)...
When I bought it, 3 or 4 years ago, it was 50 bucks more or less, and it came from Germany.
I'm happy with it: the only bad thing is that it allows you to lift one wheel at a time.
Just my 2 cents...

I love my swingin' bike!

Timmomo

I brought home my 2006 drifter 800 and can't for the life of me find a motorcycle Jack to help me get it up in the air. A man has to clean his white walls damn it!! Ideas?

TIA

Knees in the breeze and bugs in my teeth beat a good days' work every time!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk