Bracket for billet ignition/enricher relocator

Started by Highc5555, June 01, 2022, 08:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucko

Quote from: Highc5555 on June 02, 2022, 11:06:06 AM

they probably stopped making the kit because it all but prohibited the side cover from being removed...

Interesting.  I was not aware of this.  I have one of these kits but have never installed it.  I'll have to take a closer look.

Troll

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Highc5555

they probably stopped making the kit because it all but prohibited the side cover from being removed... I had opened up the "fork" of the bracket with a barrel burr and it must have weakened it enough that it finally snapped off. I am planning to weld a washer to the bracket to make it useable again. I am curious as to where the original locations for the ignition key and enricher pull were.

20220602_114539.jpg 20220602_114831.jpg

Informative Informative x 1 View List

chief

Since that bracket was supplied with the kit, your best bet is to make your own or repair the bracket. The bracket is the one on the last page of your pdf, right?

You'd be lucky to a kit nowadays... and I doubt the bracket had its own part no. I'm surprised it failed. I wouldn't have thought there would be that much stress on it. How did it fail?

You could also simply move the "choke" back to it's original position and leave the ignition where it is.

Anyway, maybe someone else has actually run into this problem in the past and can be of more help. Please keep us updated. And I will keep my eyes open for the part.

Cheers.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Highc5555

my 99 1500 has this kit installed (Kawasaki Motors Corp USA K53020-399) and the choke cable bracket (part 16) has failed. Anyone know of a cross referenced part or where to find a replacement? It is the bracket that bolts to the rear cylinder reed valve cover.
Screenshot_20220601-083907.png Screenshot_20220601-083831.png

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk