Started by Champ89, September 18, 2018, 23:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Washbrook

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Champ89

Quote from: Bucko on November 25, 2018, 19:40:57 PM

That is a great deal.  I'll give you $175 for them.  ;D ;D

No problem, I will take $175 plus $700 for shipping. ;D ;D Sold!

Bucko

That is a great deal.  I'll give you $175 for them.  ;D ;D

Champ89

I picked up the pipes on eBay for only $200 including shipping. Smoking deal. They are in great shape.

Champ89

Found a nice used set of V&H Lonshots for the Vulcan Classic. Using the the classic peg mount, they bolted right up. Love the sound and looks.

Bucko

I think the bushings (two required ?) (92092) are available from Partzilla for about $10 each.  Washers, nuts and bolts not included.:

Troll

You should be able to use the one that's in the frame where the goat bladder was.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Champ89

Quote from: chief on October 03, 2018, 17:51:02 PM

The rubber bushing is needed, but I thought it came with the peg. Don't think you need anything else. Keep us advised. Cheers.

Items in image are what I ordered based on info I received in this post. No rubber bushing included.

Champ89

Quote from: chief on October 03, 2018, 17:51:02 PM

The rubber bushing is needed, but I thought it came with the peg. Don't think you need anything else. Keep us advised. Cheers.

Items in image is what i ordered based on info received in this post. No rubber bushing included.

chief

Quote from: Champ89 on October 03, 2018, 12:55:33 PM

Great info, thanks for sharing. Now I have proof that the Classic pioes fit on the Drifter. I ordered and received the RR peg mount bracket for the classic but I  believe I will need more than just the bracket. In looking attjeparts matrix I will need the rubber bushing and maybe some other items to make all this work.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Champ89

Quote from: Pilgrim on October 02, 2018, 20:05:15 PM

Yes they are..easy way to tell is the 1500 has the rear shocks and the 800 don't. 800 has a hidden mono-shock.

Great info, thanks for sharing. Now I have proof that the Classic pipes fit on the Drifter. I ordered and received the RR peg mount bracket for the classic but I  believe I will need more than just the bracket. In looking at the parts matrix I will need the rubber bushing and maybe some other items to make all this work.

Pilgrim

Yes they are..easy way to tell is the 1500 has the rear shocks and the 800 don't. 800 has a hidden mono-shock.

Champ89

Quote from: Washbrook on October 02, 2018, 19:07:46 PM

I am just speculating here but I believe the difference in line relates to styling. If you look at the attached photos, both drifters however mine [the Gooseberry colour] has the Drifter V&H whereas the other has classic V&H pipes [ignore the end pieces] with a home made attachment lieu of the Classic foot peg.

Are both the bikes in the image 1500 models?

Washbrook

I am just speculating here but I believe the difference in line relates to styling. If you look at the attached photos, both drifters however mine [the Gooseberry colour] has the Drifter V&H whereas the other has classic V&H pipes [ignore the end pieces] with a home made attachment lieu of the Classic foot peg.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Champ89

Quote from: chief on October 02, 2018, 16:01:05 PM

We'll never have the number of members the generalized forums for active bikes have, but we have had almost 100 people here today. Some will have 800's and some will not have used V&H pipes, like me.

All I can tell you is there have been many, many Drifters with Longshots installed. I have not heard a problem with them.

Cheers.

I believe that to be the case but more specific my to my question is has anyone installed the set for the Vulcan Classic on the Drifter?

Per my post earlier showing both model images.

chief

We'll never have the number of members the generalized forums for active bikes have, but we have had almost 100 people here today. Some will have 800's and some will not have used V&H pipes, like me.

All I can tell you is there have been many, many Drifters with Longshots installed. I have not heard a problem with them.

Cheers.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Champ89

Quote from: chief on September 30, 2018, 18:43:47 PM

Looking at the V&H site I see the design differences you are talking about. I think these are year differences, not necessarily bike model differences. Look at some other bikes with replacement pipes and see if the lines are similar. I am surprised, with the number of folks who changed to Longshots, that someone with them hasn't responded.

I am surprised as well to the lack of response.

I also own a Victory Motorcycle and am a member of the VOG forum as well, I guess im spoiled due to the fact that forum is pretty active and will usually get many replies to any question asked.

Either there is just not that many active members here or due to the fact that the Drifter has been discontinued for about 14 years now.

chief

Looking at the V&H site I see the design differences you are talking about. I think these are year differences, not necessarily bike model differences. Look at some other bikes with replacement pipes and see if the lines are similar. I am surprised, with the number of folks who changed to Longshots, that someone with them hasn't responded.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Pilgrim

In the past I owned a classic that had longshots installed on it but I have never  owned a Drifter with them nor tried to install them on Drifter. No help..

greenbarn

Sounds like no one who has seen this has mounted Classic Long Shots on their Drifter, which if I understand is what you're asking for input on.   You can be the first. ;D

No Worries

Champ89

Hello, does anybody even participate in this forum??

Champ89

I'm new to the Drifter Family, anyone have any input on my question above?

Champ89

Quote from: chief on September 20, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

Yes, with the rr peg mount swap you can use pipes designed for the 1500 Classic.

1500 Classic footpeg bracket (P/N 35011-1922).

It's that simple, buy pipes intended for the 1500 Classic, buy the RR Classic footpeg bracket and mount your new pipes.

Ok, got all that straight and parts on order. Secondly, I am interested I  the Vance&Hines Long Shots preferably the set for the Vulcan Classic.

Question is I've noticed the set for the Vulcan classic have a different bend for the forward pipe near the floorboard than the drifter set. Is this due to a clearance issue?

Can anyone who has bolted on a Vulcan Classic version of the Long Shots to their drifter 1500 please chime in and let me know that all works so I can place my order.

chief

Yes, with the rr peg mount swap you can use pipes designed for the 1500 Classic.

1500 Classic footpeg bracket (P/N 35011-1922).

It's that simple, buy pipes intended for the 1500 Classic, buy the RR Classic footpeg bracket and mount your new pipes.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Bucko

They are definitely different - compare the parts numbers on the Drifter and Classic fiches - but ensure you compare actual part numbers, not the reference number on the 'drawing'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk