Will an 800 back rest and grips fit a 2-up seat on a 1500... ??

Started by MikeakaFred, December 10, 2014, 16:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeakaFred

This is my second trip through the 60's; the first time the drugs were better !

Troll

Quote from: MikeakaFred on December 10, 2014, 19:13:52 PM

Thanks Troll
I must say I'm wondering if we are talking about the passenger portion of the seat though..lol

It sounds like we might not be on the same page, but I've never seen a 1500 in person so........

Mike in NS

passenger seat is one piece with the operator. They call it a surfboard. Looks pretty much the same on an 800 as on a 1500, but the mountings are completely different. I had a stock dual seat on mine until last winter, when I modded a nomad back seat to fit.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

MikeakaFred

Thanks Troll
I must say I'm wondering if we are talking about the passenger portion of the seat though..lol

It sounds like we might not be on the same page, but I've never seen a 1500 in person so........

Mike in NS

Troll

No....the grips will, unless there is some difference in the throttle pipe...between a carbed engine and injected,  but everything else is wrong....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

MikeakaFred

I was asked today if the back rest, grips, bag brackets and luggage rack  listed for sale in the 800 classifieds section  would fit a 2-up seat for a 1500 Drifter  ?
Does anyone know for sure ?

Thanks (not sure if this should be posted here or in the 800 section...lol)

Mike
motormail@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk