Because I Said Yes...

Started by DriftinGirl, February 09, 2014, 18:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drift1

"I prefer peace,but if trouble must come,let it come in my time,so that my children can live in peace."

Thomas Payne

pcarrell

IBI-UBU

Quote from: John Hopkins on February 22, 2014, 12:23:19 PM

I am really sorry for your loss, my wife wasn't a person that needed anyone, we were a partnership, apart from the fact that I was stornger than her we were equals, She couldn't drive or even ride a bicycle but back in the sixties she rode a Vespa scooter on a learners permit for a while..

You must still be suffering you loss, I know I am..when I get out on that open road with my mind just floating I think of her and sometimes I sing her favourite songs out loud where nobody can hear me..

Try some long rides, maybe even an Iron Butt run..you can do anything now..the hard part is behind you.

John.

Sounds alot like my husband & I...partners we were...I miss him alot. The first motorcycle I ever operated myself, was a Honda Trail 90...Emmett(my husband) & I had matching ones...

I have found that the open road IS the place for me...and I find myself tapping my foot and singing "Rock N Roll Hoochie Coo" that was one of his favorite songs...especially when riding.  Many people have told me that when I ride I look like someone just threw a towel over the seat...much like he did when he rode...I guess some characteristics do flow from one person to the other when they spend as much time in the saddle together as we did...

I have told several of my friends that I'd like to just get on U-GNE(Eugene), that's what I have named my Drifter, and just ride & ride & ride...Kinda like Forrest Gump did with running...

Our lives have been forever changed...you are right...the hard part is behind me(us)...and I CAN do anything...

Have an awesome day John Hopkins!!!

John Hopkins

Quote from: IBI-UBU on February 22, 2014, 05:53:54 AM

8) Congrats DG...on becoming a moderator on the forum...you have come to my rescue on a couple of questions I had when I started riding...
I said "YES" when my husband could no longer ride me on the back of his bike(at the time we owned a HD) due to advanced lung cancer....after 30 years behind him...I didn't want to ever depend someone else for a ride...so before he died...I learned to ride, that was in July 2012...we took several short rides together that summer...him on the Drifter(we bought it in early 2012)...me on my lil Honda Rebel...he passed in Dec. 2012...by Spring 2013, I was ready to ride the Drifter...I can't imagine NOT ever riding a motorcycle again...I just don't know why I didn't learn to operate one myself a lot sooner... ???

I am really sorry for your loss, my wife wasn't a person that needed anyone, we were a partnership, apart from the fact that I was stronger than her we were equals, She couldn't drive or even ride a bicycle but back in the sixties she rode a Vespa scooter on a learners permit for a while..

You must still be suffering your loss, I know I am..when I get out on that open road with my mind just floating I think of her and sometimes I sing her favourite songs out loud where nobody can hear me..

Try some long rides, maybe even an Iron Butt run..you can do anything now..the hard part is behind you.

John.

DriftinGirl

Quote from: IBI-UBU on February 22, 2014, 05:53:54 AM

...by Spring 2013, I was ready to ride the Drifter...I can't imagine NOT ever riding a motorcycle again...

;D ;D You go Girl!!!!

IBI-UBU

8) Congrats DG...on becoming a moderator on the forum...you have come to my rescue on a couple of questions I had when I started riding...
I said "YES" when my husband could no longer ride me on the back of his bike(at the time we owned a HD) due to advanced lung cancer....after 30 years behind him...I didn't want to ever depend someone else for a ride...so before he died...I learned to ride, that was in July 2012...we took several short rides together that summer...him on the Drifter(we bought it in early 2012)...me on my lil Honda Rebel...he passed in Dec. 2012...by Spring 2013, I was ready to ride the Drifter...I can't imagine NOT ever riding a motorcycle again...I just don't know why I didn't learn to operate one myself a lot sooner... ???

DriftinGirl

Welcome Motortuna!! Sounds like you have lots of riding experience. You'll find the whole forum very friendly and informative!! Please feel free to start a topic on anything you'd like discussed from a woman's point of view on this page.

motortuna

I'm a new member and am glad to see this...I've been riding for years (since 1973...egad!) and I am always looking for gals who ride to share tips and just camaraderie.  I haven't bought my dream Drifter YET, but I'm working on it! Welcome to your page and you.

chief

Great start DG.

We all know female biker numbers are growing each year. We don't exclude the ladies from any area on this forum, but its nice to have a place where they can give their point in of view in a relatively secure area. DG will ensure that is the case, I am very sure.

Right now they can use PM's for conversations out of the public view. But DG may want to set up a child board restricted to women if we get a few more on the forum.

Personally, I find a lot of the questions posed by female bikers are questions some of us guys would like to ask but don't. All of us guys are GUESTS here! I am hoping there will be more Lady Drifters and female bikers in general visiting here over time.

Thanks DG for your efforts.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

LarryInSeattle

It's not that we want a woman's prospective, we need it.  50% of the population is woman so why would we not need their prospective on a past time we all love.

I am glad you volunteered.  Thank you.

2beers

Congrats, "DG". I look forward to checking in here often  :)

2 Beers Bride

We've always been car crazy.  We've always been bike crazy.  Most people agree we're just plain crazy.

DriftinGirl

:o Hello! Here I am, a newbie, and moderator of the Women's page. Most women bikers I have met say they ride for various reasons but those reasons mostly boil down to a great big YES!!  Yes to life, yes to fun, yes to comraderie, yes to solitude, yes to freedom, yes, yes, yes!!! So I am moderator not because I know anything but because I said YES. I'll pass along interesting stuff about biking that I find in my quest to learn more and I'll be looking for you to teach me lots from your experiences.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk