- Remove front fender caliper cover (plastic piece with vent slots).
- Loosen axle shaft nut and axle shaft pinch bolt.
- Raise bike on lift so front wheel barely clears the ground with the rear wheel still touching, for stability.
- Remove axle shaft nut and pinch bolt.
- Remove axle shaft, slide wheel forward to clear fork tubes, change out left axle spacer with supplied spacers and rotor cover (apply lube to new spacer/axle seal area).
- Slide wheel/spacers/rotor cover assembly into position between forks, insert axle shaft and nut.
- Through fender opening, rotate rotor cover so that it does not contact the caliper, tighten axle nut and spin wheel to check for clearance/free spinning of wheel. Install axle shaft pinch bolt.
- Lower bike, torque all fasteners to spec, replace plastic caliper cover and admire your job well done.
NOTE: These are getting hard to find since Kawasaki has discontinued them. VDR has ordered several for resale, check the VDR store to see if any are left.