Vulcan Drifter Riders

• October 28, 2020, 18:20:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you are here as a guest, you are missing most of the benefit of this forum. Registering is free.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different exhaust?  (Read 280 times)

Tector

• I ride a : Nomad
  • Plus a: Classic
  • Tector
  • View Gallery
Different exhaust?
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »

Just bought my second Drifter (I had traded in my first one, and eventually realized that that was a mistake).  1999 model, just under 9000 miles, great shape.  The windshield and seat are aftermarket, so:

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A FACTORY WINDSHIELD OR SOLO SEAT OR TWO-UP SEAT?

Also:

I don't mind the original exhaust-- I'm not a "loud pipes save lives" type of guy.  On the other hand, I HATE that resonator (some people derogatorily refer to it as a "goat bladder", and I can understand the dislike)-- when I want to change the oil, it's RIGHT THERE IN THE WAY, making it very difficult to get the old oil filter off and the new one on.  So:

WHO STILL MAKES REPLACEMENT EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE DRIFTER?

The only manufacturer I can find that is still making exhaust systems for a Drifter is Vance and Hines.  And I just might get one of their systems, to get rid of that damned goat bladder, even though their product is kind of pricey.  But I'm asking the Forum members so that I can reassure myself that I've left no stone unturned in my search for a new exhaust system, and maybe find a less-expensive brand (without a goat bladder).

Thanks.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

Bucko

• Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Re: Different exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 17:42:36 PM »

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A FACTORY WINDSHIELD OR SOLO SEAT OR TWO-UP SEAT?

eBay is your best bet.  There was no 'Factory' windshield although there were a couple of Fire and Steel optional ones - pretty rare to find one of those these days but I think there are some common winshield MFR's out there that makes ones that are close.

mittico68

• Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 01:37:44 AM »

Actually, spare parts for our Drifters are very hard to find, even more the OEM ones.
The only known way to find them, is to go hunting day by day on the net (with fingers crossed, too)...
BTW, what engine has got yours? 1500 or 800?
I love my swingin' bike!

Tector

• I ride a : Nomad
  • Plus a: Classic
  • Tector
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »

Duh-- sorry.  I should have specified that my Drifter (like my first one) is a 1500.
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!