INFORMATION and LINKS > Guest Questions

New to the Vulcan Community. Need some advise.

(1/1)

Nicholas:
I am new to the family of Vulcans. I recently just bought a 2006 Vulcan 800 Drifter about a week ago. It was a little bit of a fixer upper. It has been sitting for 5 years and and i think the previous owner put it down because it is missing the front fender and there is a dent in the tank. I got brakes and rotors, tires, and a chain for it. Still need to get a front fender and a windshield. One thing i have been struggling with is finding a way to mount saddle bags. All the brackets i find are for 2up seats and i only have a solo seat. All the universal mounts don't accommodate the rear suspension of the bike. Any help would be appreciated! Also is there anything i need to look at that could need done for the bike since it has been sitting for so long?

Bucko:
Don't know about the 800 setup, but on the 1500, the OEM Fire and Steel bag brackets work for either solo or dual seat.

mittico68:
I can't help ya, too.
I've got a 1999 Drifter 800 wich was made with the 2-up seat.
And I have modified it, adding a spring solo seat. But I actually use the OEM saddlebag brackets, simply by adapting them to the new configuration.
As for the rest, I think you might want to check the whole bike assembly: a 5 years sitting down is a bad stuff, for any component, electrical or structural...

jack freeman:
A while back I remember a fellow drifter was makeing a bolt on saddle bracket that works on the 800 . Put this out there maybe a fellow
rider can help . Hope this helps .

Thanks  Jack

jack freeman:
I did find who I belive made  the saddle bag brackets . He is fellow member OR Seedman . Keep me posted .
Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version