Vulcan Drifter Riders

• May 30, 2020, 23:08:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rotting Indicator Rubbers  (Read 93 times)

Pete

• Rider
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: ----------
  • Pete
  • View Gallery
Rotting Indicator Rubbers
« on: May 16, 2020, 05:39:12 AM »

Having read several posts on this forum and on FaceBook, I've come to have a fairly strong suspicion that the rotting / crumbling of the black rubber sections of the indicators is caused by some sort of chemical incompatibility. The obvious contender would be something used to clean the bike.

It would be interesting to see if those who have suffered from rotting rubbers have used the same cleaners.

If you have had this problem please post what cleaning materials you use, and what it says on the lablels about what it is made from and what it can be used on.

Ride safe, live long and prosper.

mittico68

• Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Re: Rotting Indicator Rubbers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:11:42 AM »

Some time ago I found that ma-deuce's rear blinkers has got the same problem, as the rubber base is starting to show some cracks.
I didn't know that it could depend on the cause you're talkin' about. I just thought it could have been because of the bike is quite old now (bought her in 1999)...  ???
I'm gonna check the cleaning product and report asap...
I love my swingin' bike!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!