Baron's vs Thunder Mfg

Vulcan Drifter Riders

• December 03, 2020, 19:26:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baron's vs Thunder Mfg  (Read 3226 times)

OR Seedman

• I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Baron's vs Thunder Mfg
« on: June 08, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »

I purchased my 1500 with a Thunder Mfg after market air unit.  I really liked the look and it seemed to flow nicely with the lines of the bike.  One issue, however, is the position of the rear tapered point in relation to the seating position.  My right thigh/knee would rest against it when my foot was on the floorboard.  Not an issue on short rides, but it got annoying on longer ones.  I finally decided to get one of the Baron units as it sits rotated downward instead of lengthwise.  Looks wise, I like the Thunder unit a little better, but the Baron unit sits in closer to the engine (it uses a thinner filter) and the tapered part points down.  I will see later this summer after some longer rides if feels better on my right leg....as it is, I barely rest against it when sitting on the bike....before and after the switch pics attached

OR Seedman

Old Drifter

• Staff
  • View Gallery
Re: Baron's vs Thunder Mfg
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »

I agree, I like the looks of the Thunder Mfg unit much better.
Gene

1999 Drifter

OR Seedman

• View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 23:11:43 PM »

went about 200 miles today...the Baron's is definitely better on the inner thigh/knee area....I'll be keeping it.  I just wish it was about 20% smaller..it looks friggin huge compared to the Thunder unit.  I'll be posting the Thunder unit on here for sale...and i will be including all the parts from the baron unit that I didn't nee to use because of the setup already being done.  I basically switched mounting plates, filters and covers....took about 10 minutes..
OR Seedman

chief

• Administrator
  • VDR#: 1
  • 2002 Drifter 1500
  • View Gallery
    • Vulcan Drifter Riders
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 14:02:04 PM »

Thanks for the review! Really helpful info.
Slinte - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500<BR>'02 Honda Gold Wing GL1800 ABS
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!