Vulcan Drifter Riders

• July 17, 2018, 06:23:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time Warp edition?  (Read 81 times)

bfbowen

• Prospect
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Time Warp edition?
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:57 PM »

Hi all! I've been searching and searching all over the internets and cant find anything on a drifter time warp. I haven't seen it on any other drifters so I've been scratching my head wondering if it's some special edition or what not.   Its labeled right on the riser cover. I bought it from an Indian dealership that they got in on a trade here in MA a couple years ago.  It's a 1999 1500. Any info would be a huge help. thanks!

Ps. I accidentally posted this twice with the first one not have photos. I couldnt figure out how to remove the other one. My apologies

indue

• Rider
  • View Gallery
Re: Time Warp edition?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 14:53:21 PM »

Nice looking bike! I would have to say that the triple clamp engraving was probably done by the owner in a tribute to the bike. It  looks like other triple clamps that I have seen for bikes that have the same dimension handlebars. Looks like the previous owner did the custom paint, the mudflaps, the bags, the seat and other stuff I am sure. If it isn't going, get it going. It is a good cruiser bike.

bfbowen

• Prospect
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 15:26:36 PM »

Thanks. I kinda had a feeling the previous owner might have done it himself but it seemed odd to me he would go through the trouble to do so. I didnt realize that the paint job was custom either. That's pretty cool. She runs like a dream. I went from a Honda magna to the drifter and this feels like I'm sitting on a couch compared to the Honda lol. I'll add a better photo so you can see her on all her glory

drifter-paul

• Supporting Member
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 16:56:42 PM »

That Tan leather-skirted seat has a Kawasaki part number, but is actually 1 of only 200 made by Corbin for Kawasaki. Other Kawasaki seats are black and the skirt is not leather.

greenbarn

• Life Member
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: Drifter 1500
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 22:53:24 PM »

bfbowden:  I deleted the other post for you.....     no apologies needed  ;)

As far as I know, there were no Drifter "special editions"  However, many many Drifters are owner - customized.  The red color was never used on 99 1500s, as far as I know.  It looks really close to the red used on the 99 800s, though.  The engraving on the triple tree cover is a nice touch.    Quite a lot of Drifter owners have gone to great lengths to add little custom touches to their Drifter, to make it unique- so this does not surprise me at all.   

It seems fitting, as the term "Time Warp" seems to fit well with a modern motorcycle with all the features the Drifter has,  with the retro Indian looks.  Like a Time Warp back to 1948....
No Worries

CousinVinnie

• Brush up your Shakespeare
  • VDR#: 484
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 14:40:30 PM »

OK,
  Here is THE definitive answer of what you have:  When the Drifters 1st came out, the 99's  came with a "Special" 1st registered owners Collectors Box of goodies.  In the box was a suitable for framing "Certificate of Ownership" with the first owners name, last 4 of the VIN and the Date of Purchase, a large Drifter advertisement flyer showing available Fire and Steel accessories and a VHS of the Drifter ad that played on TV.
   Also in the box was a riser crossover that would be engraved with whatever the owner wanted, NO Charge.  You could have 3 lines of engraving and the bottom line is the same as the last 4 numbers of the VIN.  The other two are a statement that the original owner wanted to make.
  My 99 came with the original owners box and has all the stuff inside. My crossover says Vulcan 1500 Drifter, Big Chief Kowalski and the VIN, 0105.  The original owner was a Navy Chief Petty Officer.
  Hope this helps answer your question.
The Original Cousin Vinnie
99 Drifter (Jewell)
Signed by Denny Berg

CousinVinnie

• Brush up your Shakespeare
  • VDR#: 484
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 14:47:32 PM »

Here is a PS:  I just looked at your bike closely and noted that your saddlebags are Osprey limited bags, which are good bags but no longer made.  I have the same style and color on my 99. Your pipes are Roadhouse pipes and are also not in production any more.  And again, I have the same type pipes on mine.  I like both setups and am a little miffed that neither item is made.  Seems like all the good stuff for our Drifters is no longer in production.
The Original Cousin Vinnie
99 Drifter (Jewell)
Signed by Denny Berg

greenbarn

• Life Member
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 21:25:09 PM »

Well that collectors box is really cool.   I had not seen that before.   

I meant to mention that about the Osprey bags and the Roadhouse pipes --  both are highly sought after for the Drifters, due to the fact - like Cousin Vinnie pointed out - they are no longer made. I've seen pipes sell for stupid money. 
No Worries
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!