Spring Bike Show in Toronto

Started by CDNRatMan, March 12, 2016, 23:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

;) Well dude you are stating a falsehood......my friends will attest to the fact that I was stopped at least 15 times and asked to pose for a picture. You would have had a reaction from a lot of people unless of course they all left at the same time. I had people wanting a picture of the back of my shirt.........ok not my shirt........my "Sons of Arthritis" I like my shirt....lol

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 10, 2016, 21:47:28 PM

Well not sure of TJ's reaction to this one, but of the three I attended this winter this by far was the best. My 2 friends and I had a long discussion about this on the 5 hour ride home.
The First one the Toronto International Bike show, seemed to be more a show of just manufacturers and suppliers showing and show casing their wares. Not a lot of used bikes or swap met stuff there, five huge halls of stuff and bikes, lots of walking and such, but ok.
The second one was a manufacturer show and not for the public really it was to show case what was coming to the vendors and deals for the vendors, 2 very small halls.
This third one was in 2 of the first ones halls, all the major bike dealers were there, the Indian Dealer had a really nice black Indian Vintage Chief with a custom made aluminum sidecar (built by a guy in Toronto) it was really nice, never got a picture because of the crowd. Almost half a hall was swap met stuff, but most was of course H-D stuff, I found 2 Drifter Items more to follow on that.
This is the show I'll attend next year for sure.

I like the first one the best. More bikes, more girls in shorts, more stuff...5 halls!

This one was ok...pickers market was better this year. Still full of Harley parts tho.

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 10, 2016, 16:10:22 PM

......sorry we missed again.......

walked around for hours asking anyone "have you seen ratman?'...even printed your picture off and had a pen ready for an autograph. oh well, one day

CDNRatMan

Well not sure of TJ's reaction to this one, but of the three I attended this winter this by far was the best. My 2 friends and I had a long discussion about this on the 5 hour ride home.
The First one the Toronto International Bike show, seemed to be more a show of just manufacturers and suppliers showing and show casing their wares. Not a lot of used bikes or swap met stuff there, five huge halls of stuff and bikes, lots of walking and such, but ok.
The second one was a manufacturer show and not for the public really it was to show case what was coming to the vendors and deals for the vendors, 2 very small halls.
This third one was in 2 of the first ones halls, all the major bike dealers were there, the Indian Dealer had a really nice black Indian Vintage Chief with a custom made aluminum sidecar (built by a guy in Toronto) it was really nice, never got a picture because of the crowd. Almost half a hall was swap met stuff, but most was of course H-D stuff, I found 2 Drifter Items more to follow on that.
This is the show I'll attend next year for sure.

pcarrell

CDNRatMan

I scored a few items I was after but not a lot of stuff that was needed. We got there and had it all scoped out by noon, and hung about till close to 1600 then my buddy wanted to go and eat, so we left and went to the hotel and checked in then went to Lowe's and a few other places......sorry we missed again.......

mittico68

Really nice bikes!
I'd like to have enough money to buy one of those wonderful Indian...

I love my swingin' bike!

tj

your voicemail said you were out riding...find any parts?

some pics from the show

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 07, 2016, 18:08:54 PM

TJ: plan right now is to depart on about 0500 and arrive in TO at the International Center on or about 0900 when the doors open. We will hang out and scope out the halls till close to closing time, unless it is a bust. I'll have my cell with me and on this time.....going to return home on Sunday morning, but departure is all weather contingent. With the storm the last 2 days we are buried.

sounds good. i'm planning to go to barrie that morning (maybe rebuilding a klr650 thumper). i should be hitting the show around noon. i will keep in touch.
we just had a couple days of rain...snow is gone. suppose to get warm next week.

CDNRatMan

TJ: plan right now is to depart on about 0500 and arrive in TO at the International Center on or about 0900 when the doors open. We will hang out and scope out the halls till close to closing time, unless it is a bust. I'll have my cell with me and on this time.....going to return home on Sunday morning, but departure is all weather contingent. With the storm the last 2 days we are buried.

tj

cdnratman,

if i do go, i will make a point of going on saturday. i have your number, i'll give you a shout when we're there...

man crush on tig...oh my.

CDNRatMan

ok back on track here......... tj bought my tickets for the show today, we will be leaving very early Sat morning for the drive down. Go straight to the show, it is in the International Center like the Jan show, but only using 2 Halls so it is not as big as the Jan show. They are only using Halls 1 and 2, so should be easy walking. I'll be there with my cell if you decide to make that long drive from London........this is the reason we are going:
This year's show will feature a new Motorcycle Pickers Market area for vendors with used and hard-to-find parts for American, British, European and Japanese motorcycles, as well as used motorcycles, memorabilia and collectibles.   Peter Derry, Show Manager of the SPRINGSHOW, states that, "We became aware of a sudden need for a venue for these vendors to sell their stockpiles of used parts.  We know that our audience is looking for this 'impossible to find' stuff and have created a dedicated area where they can pick through the vast selection to their heart's content."   Some of these vendors have been with the Show since the beginning but now, as the only indoor Show with a Pickers area, the number of vendors has quadrupled.

For anyone restoring an older motorcycle, customizing or upgrading a current cruiser, or a rider just looking to put away those rare spares 'just in case', the SPRINGSHOW will be the go-to Show on April 9th & 10th 2016.

plus one of the lads going with us has a huge man crsh on Tig....lol.....
lots of associations and clubs going to be on hand also....

tj

Quote from: shunter v8 on March 16, 2016, 13:59:28 PM

Sorry guys I have no idea what a straight road is so until I find out I will not be able to take part in this humour. Ratman walking football is played by unfit pensioners like you not athletes like me and my new mate tj.

that's right athletes!

CDNRatMan

8) I am a very fit pensioner, and once you have reached the age of myself and Uncle Malcolm then you can flap your lips....but till then a bit of respect for your elders.....lol....
You might want to talk to Andrea, about the straight roads, after she returns to you after her holidays here and enjoying to country she might let you come for a visit.......

shunter v8

Sorry guys I have no idea what a straight road is so until I find out I will not be able to take part in this humour. Ratman walking football is played by unfit pensioners like you not athletes like me and my new mate tj.

traa-dy-lioor

pcarrell

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 15, 2016, 19:52:46 PM

now that I got him all wound up we shall see him blast me.......lol........

Awww, C'mon, at least give him a challenge!  All he has to do is mention something about leaning once in a while while riding and feeling the bike do this weird thing called "cornering".

CDNRatMan

Shunter is very shy about is being the youngest player in the league he plays in.....and he can walk circles around all them old men he plays with......
He is also a powerhouse in stand and think kickboxing, you stand and call your kicks....lol.......

now that I got him all wound up we shall see him blast me.......lol........

His better half is a wonderful lady and she is a sweetheart........

tj

Quote from: shunter v8 on March 15, 2016, 12:46:24 PM

Hey boy do not insult me by mentioning that ridiculous game if you are really bored one day look it up on you tube you may even see the famous uncle malcolm. Now the reason ratman has not been invited to the TT is I know he will try and seduce the beautiful Andrea but we will keep that our secret TJ. For some very strange reason she really likes him.

Oh man, what have I got into...

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 15, 2016, 12:44:26 PM

Hey tj we could make shunter an honorary Canadian but he would need to be able to ride in a straight line for at least 1 mile and not wobble.......

LMAO

shunter v8

Hey boy do not insult me by mentioning that ridiculous game if you are really bored one day look it up on you tube you may even see the famous uncle malcolm. Now the reason ratman has not been invited to the TT is I know he will try and seduce the beautiful Andrea but we will keep that our secret TJ. For some very strange reason she really likes him.

traa-dy-lioor

CDNRatMan

Hey tj we could make shunter an honorary Canadian but he would need to be able to ride in a straight line for at least 1 mile and not wobble.......

tj

CDNRatMan

be like a bag of heavy nails and real pile of fun to be around.

TJ ask Shunter about his favorite sport.......walking football, he is a real star at the game........

tj

lol...what would you gents be like after a few beers i wonder.

CDNRatMan

Alas I failed you Laird Shunter, I beg forgiveness from your holiness. Well tj would be a better house guest then I as he has a need for speed at his young age.......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk