Vulcan Drifter Riders

• May 26, 2018, 05:17:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only One  (Read 773 times)

Kimbershooter

Only One
« on: September 27, 2013, 15:29:10 PM »

I rode my 2002 Drifter 1500 up to Bikes Blues and Barbeque (Fayetteville, Arkansas) last week. Estimated attendance was 150,000 bikes. I have a custom paint job on mine and have it chromed out pretty good. I'm not into the new chrome (flat black) look. While there, several photographers took pictures of me and my ride. Mine was the only Drifter that I saw at the event. I also looked for any of the new Indians, but saw none. Also, no custom baggers were there. Some custom choppers made from Harleys and some custom custom bikes, made from spare parts, etc.

My Drifter got lots of looks and quite a folks asked what it was, an Indian? I really expected at least one or two Drifters to be there, but nothing. The fact that these things are rare is starting to sink in with me. The used dealer that I got mine from says that folks ask him if he has any Drifters and he said that mine (3 years ago) was the last one he had. For future reference, this event has a bike noise limit of 85 decibels. They write tickets if you rack off your pipes.
I think next year, I may take my decibel meter and stage a contest, just past the city limits, to determine the loudest bike. Maybe give them some kind of trophy and sponsored gifts. Five dollars a piece to enter. WOW!!

Kimbershooter

Re: Only One
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 15:42:59 PM »

Here is my 2002 Drifter 1500 mentioned in the post above.

Troll

• Motorcycle Rider ED. Coach
  • Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: Kawasaki W-650
  • VDR#: 825
  • View Gallery
    • A.B.A.T.E. of Wi. SafeRider program
Re: Only One
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 16:15:37 PM »

Just like the immortal Highlander...there can be only one!
Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!