Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: Mr Bill on March 10, 2010, 16:43:10 PM

Title: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: Mr Bill on March 10, 2010, 16:43:10 PM
I have a Kawi fire and steel spotlight bar and want to change my spotlights to amber or yellow lenses.  Anyone done this?  I am willing to change the lens or the complete light to accomplish this.  Anyone know where I can buy amber/yellow lens or lights that will work with the Kawi spotlight housings?  ???
Thanks!
Mr. Bill
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: Homey237 on March 10, 2010, 17:11:06 PM
Krylon may still sell a "spray paint" product that is called Stain Glass (?).  It came in certain colors, of which I don't know if yellow was/is one of them.

It was used for crafters making stain glass windows from plain clear glass.  Check your local craft store/dealers and see what they might have similar.  You could spray the fronts of the bulbs and see how that might work for you.
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: motosickle on March 10, 2010, 18:51:31 PM
Quote from: Mr Bill on March 10, 2010, 16:43:10 PM
I have a Kawi fire and steel spotlight bar and want to change my spotlights to amber or yellow lenses.  Anyone done this?  I am willing to change the lens or the complete light to accomplish this.  Anyone know where I can buy amber/yellow lens or lights that will work with the Kawi spotlight housings?  ???
Thanks!
Mr. Bill
you can buy the spot lamps thru J&p cycles or cheaper still at NAPA auto parts. yellows will be seal beam units. i had them on my royal star. they looked cool,but didn't do much for lighting
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: chief on March 10, 2010, 18:57:06 PM
I was about to say, I think the amber are sealed beams. That's all I have been able to find... some here.

http://store.wpsracing.com/lamospandseb.html
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: griz01 on March 12, 2010, 14:40:56 PM
I left the F&S & just replaced the bulbs with these:

http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-13555-Ion-Crystal-Bulb/dp/B0002MAGXM
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: Mr Bill on March 13, 2010, 11:35:17 AM
Thanks for the advice!  I did some more research and found that GE and Wagner both make suitable amber replacements.  Like Chief said, they are a sealed beam unit, the part# for both brands is 4415A.  I picked up some Wagners at Napa for $15/each.  They fit in the F&S spot buckets perfectly and look really nice in my opinion.  Don't forget to run a ground wire off these as the stock fixtures ground themselves to the bucket.  After installing them last night I took my first ride of the year up here in Wisconsin...smiling ear to ear the whole way!   ;D  I'll post in the Mods section once I get some photos.
Thanks again,
Mr. Bill
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: chief on March 13, 2010, 13:00:44 PM
Yes please work up a mod. It is good to know we can use the sealed beams

Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: griz01 on March 13, 2010, 15:05:44 PM
Glad you found what you wanted; Hey just noticed I am 1 hour south of you maybe if ride this way some day and we could compare; I have the Crystal Ions in mine.
Title: Re: amber/yellow spotlights
Post by: Mr Bill on March 16, 2010, 09:51:03 AM
see Mods/Tips:  http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1019.0