my 1500 drifter turns over ok, but wont start?
***I can hear it trying to start, but it wont?
I killed the battery trying.
what can it be, it ran great 3 months ago when parked?
My battery got weak on me to and would turn over but wouldn't start until I jumped it off but then it was flooded................new battery solved it for me
I am hoping you are kidding. But in case you aren't.
1. Fully charge the battery
2. If you can get it started run some fuel treatment/injector cleaner through it.
3. Properly prepare the bike for an extended downtime!
Cheers.
Ethanol in our gas can also be a real problem. Ethanol is a powerful solvent. They say and rust or gunk in your tank can get disolved and get into filters, clogging them up. It will also absorb water that would otherwise usually stay in the bottom of your tank. Maybe check fuel filter.
Can you hear your fuel pump cycle when you turn on the key?
Regards and such;
49Reo :)
Time to clean up the plugs, get some fresh gasoline in there and clean out the gunk from sitting around 3 months.
My experience has been the battery can be good enough to turn over and even start the engine but for my 1500 to run properly it has to have a full charge at least 12.6 VDC. anything less than that and it will start but flood out when you give it gas.
I got new plugs and she fired right up!!! ;D ;D ;D
Congrats!