Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: jb741 on February 06, 2010, 11:13:57 AM

Title: Connecting Fender lights.....
Post by: jb741 on February 06, 2010, 11:13:57 AM
I have a 99 1500 drifter and I just finished a repaint and seat and handlebar change-out. I have a 2 wire front fender light mounted and I need to know which is the best place to connect it: headlite, spots,???. I have the wires coming out the fender and strapped up the forks. What next? Thanks brothers...
Title: Re: Connecting Fender lights.....
Post by: chief on February 06, 2010, 12:25:04 PM
Look in the mods/tips of the web site in the Fender/Fender ornaments section... there are a couple of installations there which may be of help.

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/reviewpost/showcat.php/cat/56
Title: Re: Connecting Fender lights.....
Post by: khanawalt on February 10, 2010, 18:56:10 PM
I just ran mine into the headlight and tapped into one of the running light leads to one of the turn signals.
Title: Re: Connecting Fender lights.....
Post by: 49Reo on February 11, 2010, 13:29:15 PM
I used a piece of black extension cord, put it in a loom to look like the brake hose on the front brake, bought the chromed wire bracket and rubber grommet for the brake hose mount, (had to re-shape it to work on the right side and drill and tap a 1/4" hole in the underside of the lower triple clamp), wired into the running light side of the front signal light. Makes the bike look like it has dual front brake lines; kind of adds 'balance' to the looks of the front end. Love it!!!
Cheers, Regards, and such!
49Reo ;D :)