Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: rawv on June 15, 2011, 11:19:45 AM

Title: 1500 FRONT FORKS
Post by: rawv on June 15, 2011, 11:19:45 AM
Ok I've been messing with the rear shocks and now the front forks ....Has anyone done anything to beef up the front end it just feels really soft and I'd like to stiffen it up a bit...I didnt know if there any spring kits available.   Thanks      Rick
Title: Re: 1500 FRONT FORKS
Post by: chief on June 15, 2011, 11:53:56 AM
Absolutely... Progressive fork springs are used by a bunch of us.

Just a reminder - we have a ACCESSORIES and MODS/TIPS section over on the web site. There is a lot of good info over there on stuff like this...

In ACCESSORIES: (Where you can order, with part number)
http://www.VulcanDrifterRiders.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/462/cat/32 (http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/462/cat/32)

In MODS/TIPS: (How to do it)
http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/progressive.html (http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/progressive.html)

In addition to lengthening the spacer as described in the latter article, the amount and weight of oil in the forks can impact ride as well.