Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 1500 only => Topic started by: toad 5.0 on November 16, 2023, 13:09:01 PM

Title: Who is running VIntage style tires (or tyres)???
Post by: toad 5.0 on November 16, 2023, 13:09:01 PM
Im having a crisis determining which tires to use on my new to me 1500. Im set on using a vintage style tire as I wont be doing any touring or long distance riding on the bike. I have Avons on a Thruxton and understand the sketchy feel on grooved pavement, so.. basically yes I understand they dont perform like more modern tires. All that out of the way...

Anyone running vintage style tires? if so, what? Got any pics?

thanks
-Brian
Title: Re: Who is running VIntage style tires (or tyres)???
Post by: Whitewall on January 07, 2024, 18:43:09 PM
Yoy want to run narrow blocky pattern tyres on a 700lb powerful bike ??

Bridgestone Exedra G721 is a white wall modern tyre I run on the front, if it is the old-style look you want - with modern grip and tread pattern. I no longer bother with a white-wall rear , as it is too hard to clean, and no-one has commented yet as it not very visible .
Title: Re: Who is running VIntage style tires (or tyres)???
Post by: drifter-paul on January 07, 2024, 18:54:54 PM
Oops,  wasn't logged on, when posting - You need to specify that you want it in whitewall
Title: Re: Who is running VIntage style tires (or tyres)???
Post by: 53Indian on January 15, 2024, 18:09:39 PM
Take a look at Kenda K761's, work great for me. 
Title: Re: Who is running VIntage style tires (or tyres)???
Post by: 53Indian on January 15, 2024, 18:10:38 PM
https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php/topic,59489.0.html