Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: Easy Drifter on November 27, 2019, 14:54:03 PM

Title: TAIL LIGHT/ TURN SIGNAL REPLACEMENT
Post by: Easy Drifter on November 27, 2019, 14:54:03 PM
So one of my rear turn signal lamps just crumbled (the black part). I noticed cracking on the other three. I ordered all new units with the intention of replacing them all. Went to remove the rear tail lamp assembly, and the three studs and nuts had fused together and just snapped off. Ordered the new tail lamp last night. I'll be heading to the local marine hardware store for some stainless hardware to replace the crappy stuff these were attached with. It's a shame the original hardware became pretty much ferrous oxide. The rear bumper rail hardware was in the same condition so that's getting replaced as well.  This, for an '02  with 7200 miles, allegedly never ridden in the rain before I got it with 6800 miles. It must have been the road salt from Ohio where it came from...LOL.

Title: Re: TAIL LIGHT/ TURN SIGNAL REPLACEMENT
Post by: chief on November 27, 2019, 19:41:31 PM
sounds like you have everything in hand!... "Never ridden in the rain"!  I wish I could forecast weather that well! <g> 8) 8)