Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 1500 only => Topic started by: RockinRollin on June 11, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

Title: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: RockinRollin on June 11, 2018, 12:12:04 PM
I recently put risers on my bike that allows me to sit farther back, unfortunately I am also sitting up a little higher and the wind is catching the top of my helmet - buffeting it. I raised my windshield as far as I could but still the buffeting continues. I measured my windshield from the headlight cutout to the top = 21" . I would like to replace it with a 23" windshield. I noticed this windshield for a  Nomad , it's hardware looks the same as mine and they have 23" replacement. Anyone know where I could get a 23" replacement for my Fire and Steel windshield?
Or would the Nomad fit the Drifter?
https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/kawasaki/nomad-1500-shields/
Title: Re: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: OR Seedman on June 11, 2018, 14:30:17 PM
pm me....I have a 23" windshield from my 800  windshield only, no hardware.  it fits the narrow band hardware...not the wide front old style band.  can send it for a fair price...but I am still waiting for your Phone # for the customs docs on the rack so I can get it out.
Title: Re: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: RockinRollin on June 12, 2018, 06:25:53 AM
Already sent, check your email. I have the old style Fire and Steel hardware, not the narrow band hardware.
Title: Re: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: tj on June 13, 2018, 16:55:07 PM
sounds like you already have it sorted. if it's still not tall enough...
i added a mra spoiler...works great, fully adjustable.
Title: Re: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: mittico68 on June 14, 2018, 01:50:38 AM
Tj, looks like a cool solution.
But does it interfere with the view?
Title: Re: Looking for Tall Windshield Replacement
Post by: tj on January 22, 2019, 08:24:08 AM
No interference. When it's at the lowest setting it sits 1/2" higher that the windshield and it's about 6" high.