Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: CDNRatMan on December 05, 2017, 07:02:34 AM

Title: Wiring conundrum
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 05, 2017, 07:02:34 AM
   So when I bought Pearl I did notice a couple of cut wires under the tank, nothing major. The bike started well, ran super well, everything seemed to be working.
   So yesterday I took the tank off after draining it, and proceeded to look at the wiring. Well now the wiring diagram was beside me and I think I followed it correctly, but I am not a wiring person so will need to look at it again, but the green wire from the coil was cut and it should go to the ignitor, then something was wired into the rear brake light, not sure what. So later today if I can I'll remove the tank off of Red and see what she has hidden under her tank and see if I can figure this out.....any electrical people are welcome to comment....oh and pictures under here....
Title: Re: Wiring conundrum
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 05, 2017, 14:27:52 PM
  Ok problem solved. This morning I slipped the tank off of Red and took a look at her wiring. There is no green wire in the setup on her so I'll be removing the green wire from Pearl's set up..........
Title: Re: Wiring conundrum
Post by: Tfrank59 on December 06, 2017, 06:40:18 AM
Pretty cool that you got the second motorcycle to refer to for just about any question you have.  It's like you don't need us anymore!  ???
Title: Re: Wiring conundrum
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 06, 2017, 10:21:29 AM
 :o  Like I said to another member in a pm, it is always good to have this forum, and some of the minds that are on here. I saw the cut wires, I looked at them and I will admit that the one off the coil looked like it was factory installed, It is really nice to look at the second bike see what is happening there and then post on here and have the people reaffirm your thoughts and ideas. This forum is one huge teaching aid and reference library. I am sure there is not a single member that can be honest and say they have never learned anything from their time here......
Title: Re: Wiring conundrum
Post by: Tfrank59 on December 06, 2017, 11:24:31 AM
Oh absolutely. And this is one of the more helpful forums that I'm a member of. The one for my little sports car isn't as helpful I'm afraid.
Title: Re: Wiring conundrum
Post by: The Bride on December 06, 2017, 19:06:11 PM
I remember trying to put Princess' cables back in stock position after I removed the  risers she came with.  Being able to look over at Blue sure was helpful!