Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: edwar355 on October 16, 2009, 14:51:34 PM

Title: I gotta question
Post by: edwar355 on October 16, 2009, 14:51:34 PM
I recently bought a 99' drifter 1500 and i know when you first buy the bike you would have received the little package with the production number in it. Mine didnt come with this and i was wondering if there was anyway to find out what number mine is?????      thanks
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: chief on October 16, 2009, 14:59:54 PM
I seem to recall that Kaw vin#'s include ALL vulcans not just drifters, so you can't get the number from that. So, short of getting the number from the original owner - I don't think you can get the actual production number.

If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me. I'll research this later to be sure.

Cheers.
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: edwar355 on October 16, 2009, 22:27:36 PM
Yeah I hope your wrong lol. Maybe theres a way to figure it out. I contacted the guy I bought it from but he doesn't remember the name of the person that he bought it from, so maybe I can goto the license plate agency and get there names hopefully
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: Varooom on October 29, 2009, 05:55:03 AM
Kawasaki had a program when I bought mine in May of 1999 in which they printed your name on a new, oval handlebar hold down plate and shipped it to you free with the bike's number on it.  They may have all the numbers, correlated with the VIN's in their database.  Google around and I'll bet you can find it.
Varooom
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: chief on October 29, 2009, 11:06:22 AM
We've tried for years to get the total number of drifters produced without luck. Kaw simply won't tell you anything... and we've had some really heavy hitters try.

Now they might give you the info on YOUR bike, but I wouldn't hold my breath. <LOL>

Cheers.
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: edwar355 on October 29, 2009, 11:37:40 AM
Yeah I haven't tried contacting Kawasaki yet but I was thinking on going to the license plate agency and getting the past owners to see if they might still have the little packet (worth a shot). Apparently she's been around the block once or twice.
Title: Re: I gotta question
Post by: bullride28 on December 07, 2009, 16:57:35 PM
I have 99 with all that #150  on handlebar plate look on frame for serial # hope that helps