Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 16:09:15 PM

Title: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 16:09:15 PM
Well just  got the pic back from a guy on ebay who makes these custom decals, Thoughts?
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: Tfrank59 on March 26, 2017, 17:05:04 PM
I like it alot. I guess it depends on what you have for a tank color, and I'll bet he'll put any text you want to in there right? I got some standard Indian decals off of eBay when I first bought my bike because my bike didn't have any stickers on it at all Kawasaki or Indian
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 17:08:13 PM
He will put what ever the buyer wants in and has a lot of different fonts to choose from. Since my tank is 2 tone black and silver this should look really good. This is also the 12 1/2" decal not the 8" version that most ebay sellers offer.
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 17:09:35 PM
i just e mailed him with what i wanted it to say and the script and he sent me the pics to see if i was good with it.
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 17:12:40 PM
tfrank i just checked out your ride, our bikes are almost twins
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 17:34:02 PM
my 06 2 tone
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on March 26, 2017, 18:46:02 PM
Well be different and make it stand out on that upside down bike.....
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 19:23:38 PM
LOL, if ya click on pic it comes up the right way, not sure what happened there.
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: Tfrank59 on March 26, 2017, 21:04:24 PM
Quote from: pumppy10 on March 26, 2017, 17:12:40 PM
tfrank i just checked out your ride, our bikes are almost twins

Wow you're right they are very similar. So what are you going to do take off that Vulcan tank badge in order to put on the Indian Drifter sticker?
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 27, 2017, 14:51:25 PM
yep, have already used the "fishing line" method and got a nice clean removal of factory badges. The guys name on ebay id deldecals and he is a drifter rider also. $24.00 for decals and $1.00 shipping, great deal and good guy to deal with.
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on March 27, 2017, 15:01:47 PM
Misspelled the ebay guys name wrong it is "delsdecals".
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: Tfrank59 on March 27, 2017, 16:06:11 PM
That's pretty funny cuz I'm pretty sure I bought from him before 8)
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: jmbo on March 28, 2017, 12:54:20 PM
i like the look.  It's a slightly modified version of the original. Personally I have deliberately gone away from the faux Indian look now that the new Polaris Indian is out.  i went back to Drifter for Drifter sake. "Is that one of them new Indians?" "Nope she's a rare old Kowi Drifter!"
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: Old Drifter on March 28, 2017, 14:32:00 PM
Quote from: jmbo on March 28, 2017, 12:54:20 PM
i like the look.  It's a slightly modified version of the original. Personally I have deliberately gone away from the faux Indian look now that the new Polaris Indian is out.  i went back to Drifter for Drifter sake. "Is that one of them new Indians?" "Nope she's a rare old Kowi Drifter!"

Nice...I like it!
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on April 01, 2017, 14:57:26 PM
Looks good on bike
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on April 01, 2017, 14:58:48 PM
i wish i could find out why they show upside down until you click on them!
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: Tfrank59 on April 01, 2017, 15:00:57 PM
Yeah even your avatar is upside down. You're not by chance in Australia are you? ;D
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 01, 2017, 15:36:20 PM
its all a communist plot to drive you insane.......

where did you download your pictures from? phone by chance?
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on April 01, 2017, 16:34:38 PM
Damm commies! downloaded from my samsung tablet
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 01, 2017, 16:47:19 PM
  :o ok I know nothing of them Tablets that Moses brought down from the mountain. So I will let one of the tablet experts explain this strange sequence of events.....
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: OR Seedman on April 01, 2017, 18:26:35 PM
probably holding the tablet upside down to begin with.... :o
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CARPE DIEM DRIFTER on April 01, 2017, 18:36:29 PM
jimbo, I'm with you on the faux Indian look. If I had wanted an Indian, I would have bought one. I do appreciate that our Kawi. Drifters styling is a tribute and homage to the Indian cycles of the past, but I am also Kawi. Drifter proud. No disrespect to those that have Indianized their bikes on this forum. We all have our own way of expressing ourselves. A resto mod feel works for me. No kawasaki badges on my bike, but Vulcan Drifter badges front and center. Folks are always in awe of the beauty and styling of my 800 Drifter. Happy Drifting, CDD
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: jmbo on April 02, 2017, 22:07:27 PM
Don't get me wrong on this.  I love the look of a Indian-ized Drifter.  Indian tank badges, warrior fender light, lot of fringe, leather bags, two tone paint, solo seat (especially a springer seat) all look really cool. Face it.  The bike was designed for this stuff. But now that the new Indian is out and I begin to see more and more of them, I realize I have something different, something unique, something relatively rare. She's a '99 VN1500-J1:VULCAN 1500 DRIFTER.  She ain't no Injun. Eat your heart out Polaris riders.  Took me four years to find my '99er.  Good luck trying to find one yourself.
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 02, 2017, 22:45:26 PM
 ::) We are wondering off topic here and down that rabbit hole....lol.....so I can join in, lad here in town he has the best of both worlds, he has a truly unique one of a kind machine, He rides an Indian Drifter........he enters the local bike shows and lists his bike as a Indian Drifter.......He wears an Indian Jacket..... I am thinking of sending him a personal invitation to attend our Northern Drifter Rendezvous and see if he even shows up with his indian Drifter......
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 09:36:14 AM
Quote from: pumppy10 on April 01, 2017, 14:57:26 PM
Looks good on bike
I got some chrome vinyl wrap and have started putting them on
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CARPE DIEM DRIFTER on April 08, 2017, 16:00:53 PM
dekesish, Go man go. Love me some chrome accents on our Drifters. Lots of polishing and difficult to keep clean and bright, but "Oh My" when she sparkles , it sure does make me smile. Happy Drifting, CDD
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 16:20:39 PM
Quote from: CARPE DIEM DRIFTER on April 08, 2017, 16:00:53 PM
dekesish, Go man go. Love me some chrome accents on our Drifters. Lots of polishing and difficult to keep clean and bright, but "Oh My" when she sparkles , it sure does make me smile. Happy Drifting, CDD
lol. It's a long slow process. The knifeless tape in red saved me. I just do one side then trace a template and cut for the other side. No way I could match both sides freelancing
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on April 08, 2017, 18:11:48 PM
Quote from: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 09:36:14 AM
I got some chrome vinyl wrap and have started putting them on
looks sharp
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 20:23:34 PM
Quote from: pumppy10 on April 08, 2017, 18:11:48 PM
Quote from: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 09:36:14 AM
I got some chrome vinyl wrap and have started putting them on
looks sharp
front fender done. Onto the rear
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 20:24:11 PM
Quote from: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 20:23:34 PM
front fender done. Onto the rear
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 20:24:40 PM
Quote from: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 20:24:11 PM

the rear fender
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 08, 2017, 20:52:33 PM
 8) Mr. Dkeshish I will tip my hat to you, that does not look bad at all it looks really nice in fact..........the twins must be proud of Daddy.....
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 08, 2017, 21:50:33 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 08, 2017, 20:52:33 PM
8) Mr. Dkeshish I will tip my hat to you, that does not look bad at all it looks really nice in fact..........the twins must be proud of Daddy.....
hey buddy. It was your idea that I ran with. In another post you said vinyl wrap so here I am. And the twins are not allowed near a bike!! At least till they are 40. Lol
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 09, 2017, 16:35:31 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 08, 2017, 20:52:33 PM
8) Mr. Dkeshish I will tip my hat to you, that does not look bad at all it looks really nice in fact..........the twins must be proud of Daddy.....
ok here is one side of the rear
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 09, 2017, 16:36:10 PM
Quote from: dkeshish on April 09, 2017, 16:35:31 PM
ok here is one side of the rear
now the question is for the gas tank. That I need some opinions on. Teardrop chrome? Design a drifter logo? Keep the thick pinstripe like it is as factory? Other thoughts?
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 09, 2017, 18:57:44 PM
 D you amaze me once again in how nice that came out........I am sure the twins will have a blast with the bike once they can climb on it.......
   Me personally I would go thinner than the fender and then do the shape of the tank......I can take pictures of my tank if you want them.....
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: dkeshish on April 09, 2017, 19:20:14 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 09, 2017, 18:57:44 PM
D you amaze me once again in how nice that came out........I am sure the twins will have a blast with the bike once they can climb on it.......
   Me personally I would go thinner than the fender and then do the shape of the tank......I can take pictures of my tank if you want them.....
shoot a picture over Ratman. I think your right
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 09, 2017, 19:37:34 PM
I'll pm them to you in about 10 mins.....
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: RockinRollin on April 09, 2017, 20:02:40 PM
I really like your air breather cover that says Drifter. Where did you get that?
Title: Re: custom drifter tank decal
Post by: pumppy10 on April 10, 2017, 18:33:06 PM
It was on the bike when i got it. I have been looking for another one for a friend of mine and have not seen another one like it. I found out who the PO was and sent him a email to see where he got it. Have not  heard back yet but will post where he got it as soon as i hear anything.