Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: pumppy10 on March 11, 2017, 11:56:33 AM

Title: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: pumppy10 on March 11, 2017, 11:56:33 AM
I am looking for the chrome seat ring for my 06 800, anybody know where i can find one?
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: Old Drifter on March 11, 2017, 20:16:24 PM
Quote from: pumppy10 on March 11, 2017, 11:56:33 AM
I am looking for the chrome seat ring for my 06 800, anybody know where i can find one?

If your talking about the stock solo seat, I'm not sure if Kawasaki ever made a seat rail for the 800. Some 800 owners will chime in shortly on this.
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: CDNRatMan on March 12, 2017, 00:41:11 AM
  Sorry not a solo seat rider...lol.....
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: OR Seedman on March 13, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
with significant modification, you could add a Harley style buddy rail like I have on my springer seat.  I have been working on how to mount one on the 800 solo seat.  The rear splash guard will have to be removed or cut-out to accommodate one (I would just leave it off).  The issue I am running into is getting the front curved mounts to fit under the seat between the seat and frame (no real room to fit them there)  I am looking at maybe mounting it to the frame instead.  If I get it figured out, I will post pics and detailed info on how to mount one.

If anyone else figures it out...let me know please!!  trial and error can get kind of expensive!

thanks,

OR Seedman
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: Tristar500 on March 16, 2017, 20:36:28 PM
I got one. If you are still looking I'll take a pic for you.
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: CDNRatMan on March 16, 2017, 20:53:51 PM
QuoteI am looking for the chrome seat ring for my 06 800, anybody know where i can find one?

I read this again tonight and I so want to make a comment but then this is a family forum and PC might ban me......
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: kw-retrorider on March 17, 2017, 13:43:10 PM
Tristar500: Do you have one you are selling, or do you have a source. I'm interested if you are selling.
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: Old Drifter on March 17, 2017, 15:16:10 PM
Quote from: Tristar500 on March 16, 2017, 20:36:28 PM
I got one. If you are still looking I'll take a pic for you.

Not looking for one, however I'd like to see a pic.
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: pumppy10 on March 17, 2017, 15:58:24 PM
am interested if still for sale. Can you post a pic please.
Title: Re: chrome seat ring -where to get one?
Post by: RockinRollin on April 14, 2017, 09:19:25 AM
I got a seat rail from Singh Saddleries, the only way I know of getting a hold of them is through face book. The one I bought fits the corbin solo seat perfectly.


It took forever to get a hold of them but eventually someone got back to me. I think they charged me $160.00. You can get chrome or black.