Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: 49Reo on January 09, 2017, 14:09:42 PM

Title: Shocking news....
Post by: 49Reo on January 09, 2017, 14:09:42 PM
http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/company/article/victory-motorcycles-important-announcement
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: Old Drifter on January 09, 2017, 14:25:41 PM
Didn't see that coming.  :o
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: greenbarn on January 09, 2017, 19:32:14 PM
So, Gentlemen, get ready to buy that Victory you always wanted CHEAP..... 8)

I wonder if this means, if 1) Polaris was not making enough money on Victory and 2) they stop spending money on Victory then 3) they can then lower the price on Indians, and still be just as profitable!!!
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: DC on January 09, 2017, 21:58:48 PM
They said they're keeping thier Slingshot line.   :o  I can't see keeping that over the Victory division.  I think the Victories were an interesting bike, but lacked a lot of soul.  Maybe the Vision was something that set it apart, but it was not everyone's cup of tea.
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: pcarrell on January 09, 2017, 23:18:24 PM
I can't say I'm surprised. I mean, once they acquired Indian they immediately acquired history and provenance. Victory has always struggled to find it's place in the biker world, while Indian is well established. It's a shame really, since many Victory models are actually very fine bikes, but maybe this will mean that the Indian brand can move beyond the Scout and the Chief lines.
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: greenbarn on January 10, 2017, 21:21:52 PM
I'm a little surprised to see them abandon the line completely.  I would have thought maybe to keep "Victory" in some way , if nothing else than to keep the loyal Victory fans. 
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: Old Drifter on January 10, 2017, 22:17:29 PM
This reminds me of another motorcycle company...Excelsior-Henderson.  I remember when they came out they were promoting them in Daytona during bike week around 1999. Their motto was Excelsior-Henderson...you're next tattoo. They were giving away water slide tattoo decals of the logo.
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: CDNRatMan on January 10, 2017, 23:01:29 PM
Polaris selling Victory and Indian now this would be like Zoar's Pizza Truck selling Domino's and Papa John's pizza and trying to make one better than the other..............
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: Troll on January 11, 2017, 19:09:44 PM
Quote from: Old Drifter on January 10, 2017, 22:17:29 PM
This reminds me of another motorcycle company...Excelsior-Henderson.  I remember when they came out they were promoting them in Daytona during bike week around 1999. Their motto was Excelsior-Henderson...you're next tattoo. They were giving away water slide tattoo decals of the logo.
I know someone who has one. He doesn't ride it much, but he does ride it
Title: Re: Shocking news....
Post by: DC on January 12, 2017, 10:51:01 AM
Quote from: Old Drifter on January 10, 2017, 22:17:29 PM
This reminds me of another motorcycle company...Excelsior-Henderson.  I remember when they came out they were promoting them in Daytona during bike week around 1999. Their motto was Excelsior-Henderson...you're next tattoo. They were giving away water slide tattoo decals of the logo.

The revived brand didn't last too long either.  That's a shame too.