Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: mittico68 on November 28, 2016, 05:03:20 AM

Title: 1500 Nomad lightbar + spotlights: would they fit our Drifters?
Post by: mittico68 on November 28, 2016, 05:03:20 AM
Hi everybody,
I just came across a Kawa's 1500 Nomad lightbar (with spotlights) on ebay and the price looks good to me.
But I dunno if it will fit the Drifter.
I made some research and found out that (maybe) it should fit: actually, I've seen that Nomads & Drifters use the same forks & holder forks (part numbers: holder fork upper - 44039; holder fork under - 44037). And that's why I have come to that conclusion.
But is it right?
Hope someone knows more than me and can help me out...
Title: Re: 1500 Nomad lightbar + spotlights: would they fit our Drifters?
Post by: Trall on November 28, 2016, 08:22:02 AM
From what you researched it makes total sense that they fit but maybe someone here has actually done it. That or you tipped them off and the set is sold now.  :PHAHAHA.  I already have them on my bike its not me......
Title: Re: 1500 Nomad lightbar + spotlights: would they fit our Drifters?
Post by: pcarrell on November 29, 2016, 21:37:17 PM
Drifters and F.I. 1500 Classics have the same forks. Nomads are different, though not by much.
Title: Re: 1500 Nomad lightbar + spotlights: would they fit our Drifters?
Post by: outlaw on December 11, 2016, 11:57:57 AM
Buy it and it and make it fit.
Title: Re: 1500 Nomad lightbar + spotlights: would they fit our Drifters?
Post by: mittico68 on December 12, 2016, 02:48:54 AM
Quote from: outlaw on December 11, 2016, 11:57:57 AM
Buy it and it and make it fit.
It would be the obvious thing to do.
But I'm not an expert of mechanics and, most of all, I don't like to waste my money...