Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: Rockmore on March 19, 2016, 11:06:39 AM

Title: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: Rockmore on March 19, 2016, 11:06:39 AM
- Who has 2-4" handlebar pullback risers installed?  Was looking to see how the ergonomics are better and if all the cables will stretch without replacement.

- Are you guys going thru the PITA OEM chain lube process every tank fill up or 2/200 miles as the manual states?

Thanks
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: CDNRatMan on March 19, 2016, 11:25:04 AM
 I installed these risers on my bike, They are 4" off the triple tree and back about .75". I found these in a shop that was closing so can not tell any thing about them. But for me they are a huge improvement on sitting posture. I don't feel like I am leaning forward and I can reach the grips with ease now.
As for cables I just had a small issue with the front brake hose and just had to re route it. This winter I swapped to Stainless Steel lines and so added 2" but everything else worked fine.......

Chain lube.......I have a aftermarket x ring chain, and on my last trip, I did my chain inspection every morning prior to loading the bike, as per my check list, then every night I would park unload and later after the bike cooled down I would go and do some quick checks and one was chain tension, adjust if needed and lube it with a quick shot, but the adjustment was not needed in 5000 kms.
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: Tfrank59 on March 19, 2016, 11:43:12 AM
I'll have to admit I'm not lubing my chain every 200 miles. I have the stock chain on my bike, and I use chain wax, which I used on my dual sport (better for keeping dirt and stuff from sticking than chain grease or oil), and I spray it on there about every 400 or 500 miles.  Seems to be working good.
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: pcarrell on March 19, 2016, 16:34:40 PM
Scootworks makes a product called "Phat Risers II", and they are about the most aggressive risers you can use without new cables.  They might require a reroute, but stock cables will work.
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: CDNRatMan on March 19, 2016, 17:55:07 PM
 ;D but how long do you have to wait to get them shipped to you...........
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: Rockmore on March 19, 2016, 21:13:12 PM
Quote from: pcarrell on March 19, 2016, 16:34:40 PM
Scootworks makes a product called "Phat Risers II", and they are about the most aggressive risers you can use without new cables.  They might require a reroute, but stock cables will work.

Great. Lets yours or anyone else's, and their personal experience with them.

-Who has 2-4" handlebar pullback risers installed?  Was looking to see how the ergonomics are better and if all the cables will stretch without replacement.-
Title: Re: 2Q: Risers and chain lube
Post by: greenbarn on March 19, 2016, 21:50:45 PM
I have the phat risers on my 800.  I think they're great, for me.