Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: dkeshish on November 17, 2015, 18:16:22 PM

Title: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: dkeshish on November 17, 2015, 18:16:22 PM
Anyone know what size the hose is for fuel leading out of the petcock for an 02 drifter 800
Thanks as always guys
Title: Re: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: CDNRatMan on November 17, 2015, 21:59:06 PM
not sure of the size because mine is connect right now but last spring when I tried to buy new line I could not find any.
Title: Re: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: dkeshish on November 17, 2015, 23:41:31 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on November 17, 2015, 21:59:06 PM
not sure of the size because mine is connect right now but last spring when I tried to buy new line I could not find any.
well you're full of good news today. Lol kidding man
Title: Re: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: CDNRatMan on November 18, 2015, 01:07:54 AM
 I was not laughing at the time. I went to the Kaw dealer in town, and asked for a section of fuel line for the bike, the "owner" went to the roll on the wall and hacked off a section and said "here you go"
I told him it looked really narrow or skinny to fit the petcock. He give me the stink eye......so I took it. Was to small to fit on and I tried heating the end in hot water and a hot air gun to get it hot and slide up over ....nope was too small. I just trimmed the rotten end on the old hose and made it fit. Will make it a priority once the wheels and brakes are done.
Title: Re: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: 2beers on November 18, 2015, 19:39:04 PM
I used regular 3/8" Fuel Line from Auto Zone, replaced it this summer when I found that the inside wall on my old one had collapsed.  Reuse the hose protecting webbing from the original line.   
Title: Re: Fuel line size leading to petcock
Post by: dkeshish on November 18, 2015, 22:34:16 PM
Quote from: 2beers on November 18, 2015, 19:39:04 PM
I used regular 3/8" Fuel Line from Auto Zone, replaced it this summer when I found that the inside wall on my old one had collapsed.  Reuse the hose protecting webbing from the original line.
great its actually for an inline filter. 3/8ths sounds good to me