With all the rain we've had this year- inches upon inches- we've got a pretty impressive crop of mosquitoes this year...
Now, I know there are much bigger mosquitoes in some areas - we were in the Everglades a few years ago, and they get as big as quarters down there - so bad no one stays during the mosquito months.
But for around here, these are bad... I think I saw one standing flat-footed trying to mount the cat.... I killed this one on the front porch the other evening, when it was trying to drain me of some fluids.
I lived in DC for a couple of years. The standing joke was the cockroaches we had were so big you could put a saddle on them and ride them to work.
Yup big the size of our black flies on a good year..........but that is a dandy size be good for fishing
Man! Really impressive!
Those are not mosquitos, are helicopters!
Here in Italy we've got a new variant: tiger-mosquitos. Arrived about 10 years ago (originally coming from Africa), they're very hungry and stubborn, acting just during the day.
As for their size, they're a little bit smaller than the indigenous species.
So now we've got 2 different kind of mosquitos: one for daytime, and another for the night... >:(
Quote from: mittico68 on August 25, 2015, 02:50:03 AM
Man! Really impressive!
Those are not mosquitos, are helicopters!
Here in Italy we've got a new variant: tiger-mosquitos. Arrived about 10 years ago (originally coming from Africa), they're very hungry and stubborn, acting just during the day.
As for their size, they're a little bit smaller than the indigenous species.
So now we've got 2 different kind of mosquitos: one for daytime, and another for the night... >:(
Like you really NEEDED mosquitoes during the DAY... :(
Yeah, too bad...
That's a freakin vampire Barn...you would have to eat a cookie and drink a glass of orange juice after one of them bit you. ;D
I caught one of them biting me on the forearm just below the elbow when I was mowing. Thought it was a fly at first glimpse, until I looked close- slapped it and had so much blood on my hand, had to wipe it off on my jeans... Thought I'd severed a vein for a minute...
I figured it would swell up big and itch. Actually nothing for a day, but then it did get a pretty big welt. Hope they're gone soon...
well perhaps you might want to think about living so close to the water, and move to a drier climate, move out of the swamp and up to higher ground. Then less skeeters and animals that will hurt you.
Agreed.... with as much rain as we had this spring, the whole county was transformed into a swamp.....
Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 26, 2015, 20:45:57 PM
well perhaps you might want to think about living so close to the water, and move to a drier climate, move out of the swamp and up to higher ground. Then less skeeters and animals that will hurt you.
Lots of room up here..... ::)
and no rain just forest fires......lol.....and grizzly bears........and mean old men........
Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 28, 2015, 19:59:34 PM
and no rain just forest fires......lol.....and grizzly bears........and mean old men........
.........AND FREAKING SNOW ANGELS!!!!!
once more who brought them into the equation ......not me but the pastor dude....so blame him........