Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: moosewing3 on July 04, 2015, 10:52:29 AM

Title: Great Sadness
Post by: moosewing3 on July 04, 2015, 10:52:29 AM
It is with great sadness that I tell you all that I traded my Drifter yesterday, just doesn't suit my needs at this time so I traded for a Nomad. I want to say though that this has been the BEST forum, of any kind that I have ever belonged to. The sense of community here and wealth of knowledge is phenomenal.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: CDNRatMan on July 04, 2015, 12:39:19 PM
  You have to do what you have to do.......

were is the local Kaw dealer now in the Kingston area?
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: Troll on July 04, 2015, 16:40:30 PM
Ok, so since a Nomad is not all that different, what makes you think you have to go away? If you'd bought a Ducati, or something, then maybe....
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: pcarrell on July 04, 2015, 19:22:54 PM
Yeah, you can still hang with us!  We're not snobs!  Besides, you kept it in the family, so to speak.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: greenbarn on July 04, 2015, 21:36:02 PM
Besides, there was once a Nomad that a fella put Drifter (or perhaps Indian) fenders on....     You'll have to hang around and keep us posted on that.....

So where are the pictures of said Nomad?? 
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: DC on July 04, 2015, 23:15:20 PM
Yes, we want pics.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: moosewing3 on July 05, 2015, 08:29:22 AM
Here are some pics. Ratty the local dealer is still all the way in Belleville lol I bought this north of Montreal. 2004 Nomad. Took a big tour of PEC wine country and the wife loves it, which was the main point of the trade. Heading out for New Brunswick next week. Also I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Canada day, as well as Fourth of July! Pictures there for that as well.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: CDNRatMan on July 05, 2015, 08:44:17 AM
  Did you keep your stereo?
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: 49Reo on July 05, 2015, 11:07:57 AM
Nice bike. The older Nomads are beautiful bikes. Put an Oldies front fender on it and It'll be like old times....many times I have thought of buying a Nomad, but those days too are past. Enjoy it and stay in the loop. Have a great trip.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: moosewing3 on July 05, 2015, 19:09:54 PM
Nope the stereo went with her, kind of wish I'd kept it now that I have a "quiet" bike lol. And Reo You got me thinking now, I did keep the old broken fender.... I'd love to hang around too btw, and at least now I won't be bugging everyone with questions that have already been answered
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: greenbarn on July 05, 2015, 20:32:24 PM
That open front fender is the ugliest thing I have ever seen...  Needs an oldies skirted fender right away!   ;D 8)  At least it's 2-tone, though......


Seriously, though, nice bike.   Give us a write-up on how it compares to the Drifter??   Other than the hard bags, of course...
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: CDNRatMan on July 05, 2015, 20:41:49 PM
  I stopped in at the Kaw place in Belleville or in Napanee? Is there one in Nap? This was about 3 years ago pretty sure it was Napanee and was not impressed with the place or the people. Felt like I passed gas in Church while trying to see about some parts I was thinking of ordering while in Kingston for the month.

  Too bad about the stereo, but now you can upgrade to a 1000 watt setup....lol
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: moosewing3 on July 06, 2015, 10:03:42 AM
Napanee has a Kawi atv dealer, and he will order parts if he has to . Belleville really doesn't have a lot in stock but I have usually been able to get stuff next day when ordering early enough. I miss having the dealer in Kingston for sure.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: Dancing Bear on July 09, 2015, 00:58:38 AM
Nomads are great motorcycles.
There should be no reason to leave this forum because you traded your Drifter.
It is all good
Dancing Bear
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: moosewing3 on July 18, 2015, 07:11:45 AM
So first big trip under my belt. A tour to the east coast with the wife. I hate to admit but I was very comfortable, and more importantly so was she. I rode home solo yesterday, one straight shot, 1200 km,I have to say the stock seat on a Nomad is no better than the stock on the Drifter, my butt is killing me, going to be a long sixteen hour shift.
Title: Re: Great Sadness
Post by: Troll on July 18, 2015, 07:31:46 AM
The Nomad seat is going to feel the same, because it IS the same!