Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: Eddie57 on June 27, 2015, 18:26:59 PM

Title: Need backrest and luggage rack
Post by: Eddie57 on June 27, 2015, 18:26:59 PM
I have a '99 Drifter 1500 and need the backrest and luggage rack.  I'm having trouble locating one.  If anyone knows where I can get one, I would greatly appreciate it.
Best Regards,
Eddie57
Title: Re: Need backrest and luggage rack
Post by: Troll on June 27, 2015, 19:03:44 PM
Sometimes eBay, sometimes craigslist...good luck with that. These parts have been out of production for about 10 years...I think I saw a solo luggage rack in black on eBay...maybe not. If you have the struts for the saddlebags, you could probably adapt a Harley 4 speed dresser rack (not a 5 speed, they are WAY too different)
Title: Re: Need backrest and luggage rack
Post by: Eddie57 on March 12, 2016, 03:09:17 AM
Hi Troll,
I haven't had any luck finding a stock backrest and luggage rack for my 99 Drifter.  I have Osprey bags on the bike with the old style mounting brackets from Osprey.   I only know this because my brackets (purchased in 2002 when I bought the bike) look very different from the brackets shown in some pics on this site.  Would a 4 speed Harley setup like you suggested work with Osprey bags?
Best Regards,
Ed
Title: Re: Need backrest and luggage rack
Post by: Old Drifter on March 12, 2016, 09:38:31 AM
As Troll said, these parts have been out of production for awhile. Drifter accessories are really getting hard to find. Your best chance to find them is probably going to be ebay and sometimes craigslist. When they do come up, they're usually not cheap and it seems everyone else is looking for them too so they go fast. Good luck!