So, it's barely half way through November, and already we've got record lows, and the ground is covered with the white stuff.
Last week it was 65 and I rode the 800 to work 2 days. Then by Saturday, it was down below freezing most of the day, and we had ice on the pond all day Sunday, never melted off. Snowed about 4-5 inches Sunday night - and got downright COLD Monday. This morning it was only 7F (That's -14C for you Northern folks) and I DON"T LIKE IT.... I think the high was about 16-18 today - which didn't feel anything like it with the strong winds, and it already dropped to 13 by the time I got home.
Winter is here, but at least there's a fire in the stove... I guess we'l learn to live with it.
Aaaw! Should I call you a WAAAAAmbulance? ;D Keep you wood box full!
Here let me be the first to say Hey boy you need to move south to IN they have summer all year round.... >:(
Hey, I think I have reason to whine.... I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it's been colder HERE this week than either BC or North Bay On, if I'm not mistaken. AND, I think perhaps we might have gotten more snow (that might be wrong).
Something wrong with this picture...
Global warming??? phooey
So before PC says it you need to move south,
now we had cold since Nov 30 and snow since then and we are over the annual snowfall in the past 5 years. Before PC insists I move south, I am not complaining, this is just another winter and it will end as it has for the past 60 years. We will get an early start on the ice for fishing, people already have their sleds out riding.........7*F is still shorts and T shirts here.......
Somebody needs to hire algore to come shovel snow in Buffalo...or just about anywhere else. I hear this morning that the temp in Hawaii went below freezing.
GB, you and I had the same weather yesterday, and likely today too. I say we both need to move south!
How about we all move someplace nice and sunny year round and we'll start a Drifter community?
Tucson would be nice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona ..or maybe Soccoro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socorro,_New_Mexico
I could go for that! I'd just have to remember to slime my inner-tubes first as those cactus needles can do bad things to tires!
I was thinking maybe someplace not so hot. Like maybe TN or NC - real short, mild winters....
At least we don't have 5' of snow, with 3 more on the way... like Buffalo...
11 degrees F this morning in GA...windchill brought it down to 5, we're feeling your pain, GB!
Or this
Some years ago our government convinced us we would be a lot warmer if we switched from Fahrenheit to Centigrade we would be warmer and our heating would cost less and as polititians never tell lies we all believed them..They also told us that the increase in heating and fuel costs was because Britain is such a big island and 200 years ago we had smokey fires that caused global warming and we are being punished with cold weather for making the rest of the world too warm..
Oh and we are going to have to tighten our belts because we are poor, but not to worry because it is the right thing to do and we are all in this together.
John.
Politicians, no matter where they are...LIE. Just the nature of the beast. The trick is to not believe a thing they say and find some way to defeat them. Good luck with that...
There are only three jokes about politicians.....the rest are all true stories....
Yeah i know i forgot to wear gloves this morning on my way to work an the cold on my fingers damn near killed i am sick an tired of these 52*f mornings i might have to get some heated grips >:-P
heated grips are worth fitting..
John.
Seems like winter is about 4-6 weeks early this year.
One of my wives went to the visit her parents in Scottsdale, AZ. Wished I could have joined her for some of the great weather there. . . . . . . but then again, it is dealing with one set of inlaws. No thanks.
One OF your wiveS? Haha no no thanks one is more than enough of a pain in the ass for me lol
DC is a glutton for punishment.......
Today, it's 55 deg. It's raining and all the snow we have gotten has melted. I used the opportunity to do a little more in the garage on the Drifter, and then some yard work. Cleaned the gutters...ONE MORE TIME!!!!...tonight, they are forecasting a low of 30, and freezing rain turning to 4" of snow, then temps going down to single digits....I have a single digit reserved just for that!!!!
you need to move south listen to PC move south
Quote from: pcarrell on November 23, 2014, 12:10:27 PM
DC is a glutton for punishment.......
It does keep me busy.
Quote from: DC on November 22, 2014, 19:34:37 PM
Seems like winter is about 4-6 weeks early this year.
One of my wives went to the visit her parents in Scottsdale, AZ. Wished I could have joined her for some of the great weather there. . . . . . . but then again, it is dealing with one set of inlaws. No thanks.
Family get together's like Thanksgiving, weddings, funerals, and christmas must be interesting..
John.
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa366%2Fjesse10886%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2FIMG_0645_zpsaxelytfy.jpg&hash=7d980b61def41d61c6119df7841c6a2af69a0976) (http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/jesse10886/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0645_zpsaxelytfy.jpg.html)
.... (https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa366%2Fjesse10886%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2FIMG_0644_zpsqmvwwpnh.jpg&hash=3b963511b76c453e094b0894ad1d0055246de689) (http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/jesse10886/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0644_zpsqmvwwpnh.jpg.html)
.. (https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa366%2Fjesse10886%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2FIMG_0660_zpsbwvbnss8.jpg&hash=8808a45eca29635deaca70c68d4c0691ae879824) (http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/jesse10886/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0660_zpsbwvbnss8.jpg.html)
ducks fans 80*f at sun down hanging out at the beach 6pm beautiful warm weather..
.......
.......
Quote from: kawasaki.addict on November 24, 2014, 13:36:04 PM
ducks fans 80*f at sun down hanging out at the beach 6pm beautiful warm weather..
.......
.......
Bad form to rub it in..........;)
Quote from: John Hopkins on November 24, 2014, 12:33:46 PM
Family get together's like Thanksgiving, weddings, funerals, and christmas must be interesting..
John.
I go through lots of Ibuprofen.
Quote from: moosewing3 on November 19, 2014, 18:19:22 PM
Or this
I get more job offers in Arizona than anywhere else. I'd love to move there, but I have to stay where I'm at to take care of my mother.
My wives would also need to find jobs there.
...move there, leave the wives there to take care of Mom, and if you get lonely in Arizona, get more wives.....THERE! THAT was easy! ;D
Utah might be a better choice for wife collecting....
I heard somewhere that Las Vegas is owned by the Church of Latter Day Saints.
I'm pretty sure that with all the Muslims moving in here and building mosques in most big towns we could argue for racial equality and have as many wives as we want..It might throw the British bigamy laws out of the window..
John.
.....-24C (-11F) BBRRR!!!!
Wow, sorry guys. It got up into the 70s here today. Rode 6 hours yesterday to go visit family in Mississippi. 6 hours back today. Mostly on the interstate. Windy, holiday traffic and not real scenic if that makes you feel any better. But it was still nice to be riding. Supposed to get cold this week, highs in the 50s. ;D
Quote from: Troll on November 25, 2014, 15:57:26 PM
Utah might be a better choice for wife collecting....
I have enough for the moment.