Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: docerz on September 20, 2014, 22:02:12 PM

Title: Anyone added an indian air cleaner?
Post by: docerz on September 20, 2014, 22:02:12 PM
Anyone added an indian air cleaner for looks? Tips clues mods? Did you need to rejet? Thanks
Title: Re: Anyone added an indian air cleaner?
Post by: Darth Wraith on September 21, 2014, 03:21:56 AM
I found on the ebay a classic indian chief airbox replica, not too expensive and I guess it's possible to do some modifications for VN800 - the problem is the indian aibox back plate is designed to be atached with 4 screws to the carburetor, VN800 has a round flexible flange sitting tight on the mouth of the Keihin. I think though is feasible with a little tinkering.
Title: Re: Anyone added an indian air cleaner?
Post by: pcarrell on September 21, 2014, 06:50:38 AM
A guy named Woodcarver over on the Delphi Drifter forum had one on his 1500 that he just traded in on a new Indian Chief, so I know it can be done.