Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: cochise on September 15, 2014, 15:19:30 PM

Title: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: cochise on September 15, 2014, 15:19:30 PM
A pic of my yard art piece that I " cobbled" together in between customers over the past few days. Didn't cost a dime, just bits and pieces laying around .  From the cylinder ,which was my overhead garage door spring until it broke last Sat, to the gas tank which was a chainlink fence post. A wheel cylinder carb , electric motor  parts for side cases and a candle holder for the headlight. Leftover deck stain gave  it that " pickers" patina. Now if it would only fire up, I'd put on my leather skull cap and goggles and roar around the board track.
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 15, 2014, 15:47:43 PM
  A real Windsor spitfire.......lol......and how many cc's is it, and what fuel will it burn? wonder how many people you can sell it to......
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: pcarrell on September 15, 2014, 15:48:39 PM
That thing is way cool!
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: greenbarn on September 15, 2014, 17:26:10 PM
That's pretty cool, Cochise.  I had never thought of putting something like that for a "fake" motor.  I like it.....   


(EDIT)

Better chain that thing up.....   Somebody will steal it in the dark..... it looks close enough to the real mc coy....
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: pcarrell on September 15, 2014, 19:00:58 PM
I'll bet you could really do a lot using my bicycle as a starting point!

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FElectra%2520Indy%2FIMG_1962.jpg&hash=21ca2edcf51942cb459d58e24a1b7cd2bb210203) (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/pcarrell/media/Electra%20Indy/IMG_1962.jpg.html)

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FElectra%2520Indy%2FIMG_1965.jpg&hash=01cb006ee868126520897805c50706b1917cdcb2) (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/pcarrell/media/Electra%20Indy/IMG_1965.jpg.html)
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: Troll on September 15, 2014, 19:24:03 PM
Every thing old is new again....Here's a couple of Indians from the teens.  I have no idea what #2 is...it was just weird. It took me a while to figure out what the last one was....and I was looking at it quite closely...see if you know, or can guess....all I'll say is it's European
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: cochise on September 15, 2014, 22:58:35 PM
Not much of a clue Troll, Europe covers a lot of real estate. If it took 'you' awhile it must be tough.  That is one strange cylinder design.I'm going with a  British make , Triumph ( because of the oval side case) Ariel , or something obscure like a Beadmore because of the one spark plug .
Title: Re: My 1910 Board Racer Yard Art
Post by: Troll on September 16, 2014, 10:27:10 AM
Quote from: cochise on September 15, 2014, 22:58:35 PM
Not much of a clue Troll, Europe covers a lot of real estate. If it took 'you' awhile it must be tough.  That is one strange cylinder design.I'm going with a  British make , Triumph ( because of the oval side case) Ariel , or something obscure like a Beadmore because of the one spark plug .
Good catch... it's a turnip