Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: CDNRatMan on September 08, 2014, 15:16:14 PM

Title: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 08, 2014, 15:16:14 PM
http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/significant-snowfall-predicted-for-calgary-western-alberta-1
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: pcarrell on September 11, 2014, 13:01:51 PM
2 words......

MOVE SOUTH!
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: DC on September 11, 2014, 13:07:10 PM
WOW!. . . and so soon!
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: 49Reo on September 11, 2014, 18:07:51 PM
They (Calgary) really got their butts kicked snowfall wise. A lot of trees, shrubs, etc, broken and pulled over from the sheer weight of the wet snow on still green foliage. Much whining....and whining here too. No snow, but wind so bad it tore my brand new (3 weeks old) gate off of the house. Whine-whine-sniffle-sniffle
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 11, 2014, 21:25:21 PM
  We have had 2 really bad days of rain and wind, really not good for the winter.......
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: pcarrell on September 11, 2014, 21:32:28 PM
I know what you mean!  I had to wear a T-shirt with sleeves still on it the other day!  8)
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: 49Reo on September 11, 2014, 22:50:49 PM
Quote from: pcarrell on September 11, 2014, 21:32:28 PM
I know what you mean!  I had to wear a T-shirt with sleeves still on it the other day!  8)
Now THATS hardship!!
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2014, 07:03:10 AM
  you got T shirts with sleeves on them? Would that not be a shirt then?
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: pcarrell on September 12, 2014, 08:40:11 AM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2014, 07:03:10 AM
  you got T shirts with sleeves on them? Would that not be a shirt then?

Yeah, the T-shirts with sleeves still on them I call dress shirts.
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: mittico68 on September 12, 2014, 09:59:03 AM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 11, 2014, 21:25:21 PM
  We have had 2 really bad days of rain and wind, really not good for the winter.......
Here it's been the whole summer rainin' and rainin'... Each time many dead & missing people...
I think it's been the worst summertime I ever seen!
Yesterday I was listening to the tv-news: they said that's another effect of the global overheating; and I do believe it...
I think it's really time to reconsider our way of life.
So, here is my first good proposal: let's change our dueces so to make them full electrical powered! :o
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: cochise on September 15, 2014, 16:43:20 PM
We're in for it again. Never heard the word "Polar Vortex " before last winter and then it became part of our daily language standing in line at "Timmys", Our once in a lifetime winter is coming back .
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 15, 2014, 17:52:52 PM
 Polar Vortex = Cold air from Indiana sucked up to Alaska long the ocean, mixed with really cold air in the Canadian Arctic and then sucked down on the poor Canadians.

try that at Timmies next time it is cold.
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: cochise on September 15, 2014, 23:03:00 PM
So we can put the blame on those Hoosiers for starting it all ?
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: DC on September 15, 2014, 23:09:40 PM
Farmer's Almanac is predicting a brutal winter if you can believe that.
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 16, 2014, 08:09:05 AM
  Not sure of the Farmers Almanc being correct but while clearing in the garden this weekend I saw a caterpiller and you should have seen the fur coat on that sucker it was thick and long.....sign of a sure cold and harsh winter, I am gettting my weather rock into a good place to predict the weather through the winter.
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: kawasaki.addict on September 19, 2014, 14:32:12 PM
Yeah I saw the wind blowing through the palm trees today I thought man it might get down to like 60*f I better buy a light sweater for the Californian winter bahahahhahahaha
Title: Re: PC for you buddy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 19, 2014, 15:32:05 PM
put on 189 kms today and it was average temps of 13*C most of the day but in my boots and jeans Rincon I was fine, oh that would be 55*F for you people down south....lol.......now if tomorrow is nice I will go north and see the snow soon......