HAS ANYONE EVER REPLACED O.E.M. SHOCK WITH A PROGRESSIVE 465 MONO SHOCK ? IF SO COULD YOU
TELL ME DID IT INPROVE THE RIDE..DID IT FIT OK .ANY & ALL INFOMATION WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL
THANKS JACK
Hello there Jack! I know the northern CDNRatman has put a progressive on his Sunbeam Red and said he really likes it. I expect he'll be along to give you the details soon...
Thank you Sir GreenBarn Sir,
here is some reading
http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3993.0
http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=28589.0
Installation was really not that hard, this gives you a chance to grease a lot of the bearings because they are right there. I had called progressive and asked about the preload, and after a short talk I added 2 more turns to the preload prior to mounting, was easier to do in the vice then on the bike. I then adjusted the dampener to 4 and it has made a huge difference to the handling of the bike and to the ride after the original shock. For me it was well worth the funds.
HELLO
I WANT TO THANK YOU FOLKS FOR YOUR INPUT ABOUT PROGRESSIVE 465 MONO SHOCK. YOU REALLY HELP ME
DECIDE I ORDERED IT TODAY. WHEN I GET IT INSTALLED I'LL GIVE EVERYONE MY UP DATE
THANKS , JACK
We'll look forward to that, Jack. I have been toying with the idea as well.
QuoteI have been toying with the idea as well.
Thought you had already done this mod..........and that is why I was listening to your sage or so I thought advice......
Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 24, 2014, 20:16:14 PM
Thought you had already done this mod..........and that is why I was listening to your sage or so I thought advice......
Nope, all I've done is the fork springs.
Well let me tell you, that after today, 425 km on some of the worst roads I have been on in a long time, the use of the progressive springs and the 465 series mono shock have more then paid for themselves.
I followed your advice on the springs, and even added 1/4" to the spacers, everything else was as per Kawasaki standards, then the rear shock as per my note above. I did this ride today with a group of 4 riders, a Vulcan classic, all done with fairing, bags, beer box, and 2 up, but I think they have the air ride, not sure, a fully out fitted H-D with a really expensive air suspension, riding 2 up, a 650 Suzuki crotch rocket riding solo, and a 1000cc Honda Shadow all stock and riding solo, and me.
When we stopped at one of the picnic areas after the worse part of the road, they were all complaining about the shocks and suspension of their rides, I never bottomed out or had a really hard smack, other then one were I lost my water bottle, and almost ended up on the rear section of the seat.
HELLO,
I GOT THE PROGRESSIVE 465 SHOCKS INSTALLED . NOT A HARD JOB IF YOU TAKE YOUR TIME . IM HERE TO TELL YOU FOLKS A BIG ,BIG DEFFERNT RIDE ALL WAY AROUND . KEEPS REAR TIRE ON THE GROUND , MUCH BETTER IN THE TURNS
NO MORE BOTTOMING OUT . THIS SHOCK WAS WORTH THE PRICE FOR ME. THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME OUT
JACK
Glad it works and it was an easy job for you.