Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: Bucko on June 05, 2014, 19:00:18 PM

Title: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Bucko on June 05, 2014, 19:00:18 PM
Does anyone happen to have a Fire and Steel accessory catalog from the early 2000's?  I'm looking for the part number for the chrome air cleaner accessory 'knobs' - they're small round 'fluted' knobs that replace the stock air cleaner cover screw.  The knob has a hole on one side which threads onto a stud that replaces the stock screw.  Note the knobs do not fit the Drifter per say due to a difference in size of the stock screw thread (vs the 1500 Nomad or Classic - not sure which model the Knobs were original for).
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Bucko on June 09, 2014, 18:35:31 PM
Bump....
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Elmo Hayride on June 09, 2014, 18:51:49 PM
Like this?
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Bucko on June 09, 2014, 19:33:37 PM
Yes, that's exactly it (K53020-211).  Thanks Elmo!

It's funny, I had set of them on the bike and I was cruising down a remote road one day when I felt something on my right knee.  I look down just in time to see the right air cleaner rolling down my leg but I caught it on the toe of my boot.  I must have looked pretty funny going down the road with one foot out in the air with a large chrome dish hanging off my toe (people probably thought I was riding a Harley  :o)!  In any case, I managed to slow down and eventually stopped while kicking out the side stand all without letting the cover fall off my right toe.  So, the cover was rescued but I lost the knob.  I took a walk/ride back up the highway thinking I would spot that nice shiny chrome knob but it was not to be.  In any case,  now I'm hoping to find a replacement (from some other guy that had one fall off  ;D).
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Elmo Hayride on June 09, 2014, 19:53:34 PM
Good luck!
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Elmo Hayride on November 06, 2014, 16:04:52 PM
Hey Bucko, the knobs are on ebay for $20.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-VULCAN-AIR-FILTER-COVER-KNOBS-/161465793852?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25981c7d3c&vxp=mtr
Title: Re: Fire and Steel Accessory, Air Cleaner Knobs
Post by: Bucko on November 07, 2014, 15:02:52 PM
Hi Elmo:

Thanks for you note.

Yes, I've been seeing them on eBay - that's where I got mine.  Problem is - $17 for shipping?   No way Jose.  ;D.  I'm pretty sure that I paid less than $20 and that included free shipping.

In any case, I did find a replacement set but I'm still looking for another single (to complete a pair) as I'm working on another plan that involves some machining.