Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: DC on May 29, 2014, 21:11:41 PM

Title: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: DC on May 29, 2014, 21:11:41 PM
I did a little jaunt on Monday, maybe 160 miles, and I guess the high temp was having it's say in things.  Half way through the ride, my butt is getting painful.  By the time I got home, it was pretty bad and I felt like a cripple.  Anything you've tried that will give your butt more pain-free mileage?   :-\
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: CDNRatMan on May 29, 2014, 22:37:57 PM
sheepskin, works great........
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: jmbo on May 29, 2014, 22:38:07 PM
It depends on what seat your seat is sitting on. For me the stock two up seat gave me "numb butt" and a back ache. I swiched seats and so far so good.
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: Pilgrim on May 30, 2014, 12:16:21 PM
Anti-Monkey Butt is good for galling...if that is what your talking about.
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: John Hopkins on June 02, 2014, 18:50:08 PM
I did an Iron Butt 1250 miles in 24 hours on my Drifter, I bought a black sheepskin rug, punched eyelet holes three inches apart all the way around and tied it under the seat with black nylon rope..no problems with comfort..did a 300 mile run last week without the sheepskin and really noticed the difference.

John.
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: chief on June 03, 2014, 10:33:00 AM



Some folks claim those tight bicycle shorts help. I just rode 550 miles on mine... with Corbin seat. NO problem, no pain... except my neck!!
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: John Hopkins on June 05, 2014, 05:23:31 AM
I find that those tight bicycle shorts increase my blood pressure...when they are bobbing about in front of me on a pretty young woman..

John.
Title: Re: How to prevent bucket butt?
Post by: John Hopkins on June 07, 2014, 18:13:21 PM
I find the beads give me more pain than the seat does..but it's probably different for other people.

John.