Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: greenbarn on April 29, 2014, 21:11:59 PM

Title: custom exhaust
Post by: greenbarn on April 29, 2014, 21:11:59 PM
Found this for sale on Craigslist.  Listed as "custom exhaust" - doesn't list a name.  I believe I recognize the exhaust.

So what's the honest opinion of this exhaust????  I wish the pics were better on the exhaust....
Title: Re: custom exhaust
Post by: bikerbob5864 on April 29, 2014, 21:50:31 PM
IMHO, that looks to be a Roadhouse Muffler, with a 2into1 pipe. I assume the Header pipes are OEM, but still kinda look not right.................Know what I mean?

                                                                        Bob
Title: Re: custom exhaust
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 29, 2014, 22:17:49 PM
  Got to agree that looks like a set of stock header pipes and then a RH end after the pipes join. If the picture was larger and clearer you could tell for sure.
Title: Re: custom exhaust
Post by: bikerbob5864 on April 30, 2014, 23:52:08 PM
If it's good and solid, no leaks or cracks and mounts decently..........and the price is right, I'd go for it........any decently made 2 into 1 system is better than a dual system. RH pipes sound great.....I have them on my 1500 Drifter and my 1500 Vulcan Classic. Actually the 2-into-1 on my carbed classic sounds the best of the two....IMHO. Great performance too with the right jetting,  drilled out diaphragm, and high flow air system.   

                                                               Bob