Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: Dubliner on April 28, 2014, 12:43:29 PM

Title: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: Dubliner on April 28, 2014, 12:43:29 PM
Regarding a Singh Spring seat, do they have to sit this high off the bike? THis is a shot of somone elses bike I found on the web, forgive me if theres a problem using it, tx Dubliner
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: pcarrell on April 28, 2014, 15:59:13 PM
The rear fender moves with the suspension, quite a bit.  I believe you need about 5 1/2 inches clearance.
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: jmbo on April 28, 2014, 21:32:55 PM
Attached is a photo of my installation.  My seat came with two sets of springs.  I used the shorter one and anchored the bottom of the spring to the side of the cast part of the rear frame. Your photo looks like you used a longer spring and it is hard to tell from the photo where the bottom mount is anchored.  The combination of a shorter spring and a different mount point should lower the seat and still give plenty of room for fender travel.
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: Dubliner on April 28, 2014, 21:42:46 PM
Yes Jmbo, that's more the look I'd prefer. Did you make a cover to go under the seat/ over the battery?
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: Drift1 on April 29, 2014, 04:43:21 AM
Dubliner , not sure if JMBO made the battery cover or not , but I do know Singh sells the cover as well .
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: jmbo on April 29, 2014, 06:50:58 AM
Quote from: Dubliner - Neville Stewart on April 28, 2014, 21:42:46 PM
Yes Jmbo, that's more the look I'd prefer. Did you make a cover to go under the seat/ over the battery?
Yes, I made the cover out of metal. I also made a metal cover to fill the gap between the back of the tank and the seat (Not pictured). It makes the seat look more like it belongs on the bike.
Title: Re: Spring seat saddle installation.
Post by: Dubliner on April 30, 2014, 21:52:14 PM
Jimbo, could you take a few pics of that as I really want the saddle to look as a fixture, so the plates sond like they will blend it into the bike more so.