Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:18:37 PM

Title: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:18:37 PM
Well after all this long hard winter , I decided to have the bike from Pilgrim shipped door-to-door . As much as I would of loved to be able to drive the bike from Virginia to home , it just wouldn't fit in the schedule on the family vacation . It is currently pouring rain so pictures to follow tomorrow . Here's a few Pilgrim took of the bike being loaded at his homestead . Thanks Pilgrim .... I am now a proud 1500 owner ... witch reminds me I have to add that to my profile ... LOL .... ;D :D :) ;)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 11, 2014, 21:22:05 PM
GREAT news, D1!!!   It looks real nice.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:26:27 PM
Thanks GB .... I'll be able to see it a lot better tomorrow . In fact it's suppose to get up to the high 60's low 70's so a ride is planned . Let these weather guesser's be right just this once ... LOL
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 11, 2014, 21:26:45 PM
tht is really one sweet looking ride.......
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 11, 2014, 21:28:02 PM
Yea, D1, it's supposed to be 70 here too.  We have about a 120 mile ride planned.    Plan to go visit the seat guy...  Looking into a color change on the Corbin.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:33:06 PM
Thanks ratman ..... I'll update you tomorrow , hopefully .

GB " WE " what's the ratman there visiting already  ::) .. LOL .. color your corbin , why ?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: moosewing3 on April 11, 2014, 21:42:27 PM
Looks awesome!, What mine is suposed to look like lol. I like those mirrors, are they Arlen Ness? Managed to get out for a short ride here today, it got up to 14.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:56:43 PM
Wing3 ... I'm not sure if the mirrors are Arlen Ness or not I'll check tomorrow as It was unloaded right to the garage being it's pouring outside . Thanks for the compliment and hope to ride tomorrow for sure . I can say the exhaust sounded great .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 11, 2014, 22:16:58 PM
Quote from: Drift1 on April 11, 2014, 21:33:06 PM
GB " WE " what's the ratman there visiting already  ::) .. LOL .. color your corbin , why ?

Nah, one of the guys at work has a shadow and we like to go for a ride now and then.  We've both been getting itchy with the weather warming up.

On the Corbin, I'm considering having it recovered in tan leather.  I like the tan leather.  I'm probably not going to do it until maybe next winter due to funds, but this guy is supposed to be good, and so I thought we could ride over there and check out his leather stuff.....    Man, I wish it was the other way around - that it was TAN now and I WANTED black - I'd just dye it. ???
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 12, 2014, 03:09:31 AM
  D1 I still have about 30 some odd inches of snow in the front lawn and over 6" of ice on the front walk. No plans of even trying to get out till end of the month. Did see people out on the sand covered roads. There was a picture in todays paper of a guy snow blowing  his front lawn......but that seems too much like work......
  My time will come..........

and don't forget you are within striking distance also.......
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 12, 2014, 08:30:12 AM
You are a lucky man my friend.....lucky man!
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: John Hopkins on April 12, 2014, 10:10:45 AM
Nice bike, it looks a lot like mine..

taken at N51.827079 W3.291779

Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 06:40:56 AM
PC and John thanks for the compliment
MW3 the mirrors are indeed Arlen Ness and very good looking mirror . I had a chance to do a few miles on her yesterday and she rides very smooth . I'll have to be honest though , I don't know how you guys ride long distance on this seat , maybe it's because I'm tall , but this two -up seat has you angled right towards the tank . Ladies close your eyes , this dam thing has you sitting on your goods  :o . I hope the single seat doesn't do the same thing , as well .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 13, 2014, 09:36:57 AM
Drift nice picture.  Wasn't that a Kawasaki -corbin 2-up on that bike?  I thought it was when I saw the previous pics, but not sure.  The Corbin brand 2-up is quite a bit different, I think.  Maybe your solo will work out better, too.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Reveen on April 13, 2014, 10:13:31 AM
Awesome ride!! We have the same year bike with the same seat! Looks great.


(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fjut2UtD.jpg&hash=a4606c93e500606d26d7279ffa0d94212da5246c)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 10:19:58 AM
Richie, I had the same feeling about that seat, so I hogged out the seat portion, leaving the sides alone for shape, and added new foam and gel pads from Saddleman before refitting the cover.  Made a world of difference!

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FDrifter%2520Seat%2FIMG_1075.jpg&hash=5ba0b75eab708e74ba441b94301ed3d1220f5877) (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/pcarrell/media/Drifter/Drifter%20Seat/IMG_1075.jpg.html)

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FDrifter%2520Seat%2FIMG_1071.jpg&hash=6ee06fae71b0cafb52a010eca54ef9b80dc69df7) (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/pcarrell/media/Drifter/Drifter%20Seat/IMG_1071.jpg.html)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Reveen on April 13, 2014, 10:23:37 AM
Quote from: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 10:19:58 AM
Richie, I had the same feeling about that seat, so I hogged out the seat portion, leaving the sides alone for shape, and added new foam and gel pads from Saddleman before refitting the cover.  Made a world of difference!



Very cool pcarrell! I think I'm going to look into doing this. My seat is comfortable, but my wife said she finds herself sliding forward during the ride. Maybe a little extra padding up front or less of a slope at the rear will keep her in place a little better. Is it a tricky job?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 10:31:16 AM
The job isn't hard at all.  Just be sensitive of the density of the foam you use and where you use it.  Foam that is more dense is used in areas that need reshaped for support, while lighter foam like you see on top at the bottom of the second pic is is more for for contouring and making sure that transitions from one contour to the next are smooth under the seat cover.

I can offer two pieces of advice though.......

1.  Use spray glue or rubber cement to hold the dished part of the seat cover in place so you don't get any ripples in the cover.  You might have to sit on it a while while the glue dries.

Get a hard core industrial staple gun for reattaching the cover.  I had a medium duty one and it was kind of a pain, but I kept at it.

When it's done, you can't tell anything has been done to it until you sit on it.

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FDrifter%2520Saddlebag%2520Brackets%2FIMG_0683.jpg&hash=13699d9732962c3db0fcc592f877fc5994a6e4eb) (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/pcarrell/media/Drifter/Drifter%20Saddlebag%20Brackets/IMG_0683.jpg.html)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Reveen on April 13, 2014, 10:37:07 AM
Quote from: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 10:31:16 AM
The job isn't hard at all.  Just be sensitive of the density of the foam you use and where you use it.  Foam that is more dense is used in areas that need reshaped for support, while lighter foam like you see on top at the bottom of the second pic is is more for for contouring and making sure that transitions from one contour to the next are smooth under the seat cover.

I can offer two pieces of advice though.......

1.  Use spray glue or rubber cement to hold the dished part of the seat cover in place so you don't get any ripples in the cover.  You might have to sit on it a while while the glue dries.

Get a hard core industrial staple gun for reattaching the cover.  I had a medium duty one and it was kind of a pain, but I kept at it.

Great advice, I appreciate it! I'll probably give it a shot sometime this summer when I'm not so busy (moving soon).
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 13, 2014, 12:49:24 PM
[ot]This could be a good "how to" post.   A buddy has a new-to-him Corbin Stinger he just put on his Honda A.C.E.  He said it hurts his tailbone.  We rode to see a seat guy yesterday looking at recovering a seat for me.  He looked at the buddy's seat and made a comment "gel doesn't make a seat more comfortable - it just cuts down on vibration so you don't get numb-but".    Do you agree with that?  I didn't want to argue with the guy (he's the expert) but it seams to me that if you have a pressure point, then putting gel in there would reduce the pressure on that point and the seat would then indeed be more comfortable.  Of course, if the shape of the seat is wrong (tilt forward, whatever) you would need to address that as well.  Any thoughts??

My buddy is considering taking his cover off and hogging out the spot where his tailbone hits, and see if that helps.  I think he should try gel.   [/ot]
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: moosewing3 on April 13, 2014, 13:51:06 PM
Quote from: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 06:40:56 AM
PC and John thanks for the compliment
MW3 the mirrors are indeed Arlen Ness and very good looking mirror . I had a chance to do a few miles on her yesterday and she rides very smooth . I'll have to be honest though , I don't know how you guys ride long distance on this seat , maybe it's because I'm tall , but this two -up seat has you angled right towards the tank . Ladies close your eyes , this dam thing has you sitting on your goods  :o . I hope the single seat doesn't do the same thing , as well .

I have already installed the solo seat after one very short ride with the two up. It is much better. Time to start saving for that Corbin two up, kicking my ass for not buying the one I saw on eBay. But it was closing the same day I bought my bike so didn't want to get stuck if I didn't want to buy the bike. Seem to recall thinking $450 was an ungodly anount of money for a used seat with both backrests, until I priced one new lol.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: moosewing3 on April 13, 2014, 13:52:53 PM
Dying to get hold of a sissy bar like yours, if anyone has any leads let me know.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 14:07:45 PM
Reveen , It's funny you mention the back seat . I sat on the back to see if the back portion pushed you forward and man I dam there slid out the seat . The bottom portion of the seat slides the passenger so forward I couldn't even touch the back rest . This seat is definately poorly designed .

PC I'm packing this dam seat up and sending it your way this winter so at least you have one project on the bike list  ;D

Also I would like to mention the handle bars on the 800 seem to be a little wider and angled out . I like the bars on the 800 much more , so the new beach bars are definately going on the 1500 for a winter project .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 14:56:28 PM
Quote from: greenbarn on April 13, 2014, 12:49:24 PM
[ot]This could be a good "how to" post.   A buddy has a new-to-him Corbin Stinger he just put on his Honda A.C.E.  He said it hurts his tailbone.  We rode to see a seat guy yesterday looking at recovering a seat for me.  He looked at the buddy's seat and made a comment "gel doesn't make a seat more comfortable - it just cuts down on vibration so you don't get numb-but".    Do you agree with that?  I didn't want to argue with the guy (he's the expert) but it seams to me that if you have a pressure point, then putting gel in there would reduce the pressure on that point and the seat would then indeed be more comfortable.  Of course, if the shape of the seat is wrong (tilt forward, whatever) you would need to address that as well.  Any thoughts??

My buddy is considering taking his cover off and hogging out the spot where his tailbone hits, and see if that helps.  I think he should try gel.   [/ot]

I would agree with you, though I'm no expert.  I just know what worked on mine.  To be fair though, I hogged out the inner foam on mine (that was quite hard) and replaced about 2 1/2" - 3" under the gel pad with some fairly dense foam rubber that would have more "give" then the stock Corbin foam.  I then placed the gel pad over that, and then a lite foam over that for minor contouring, kind of using it like thick batting.  In the end, I changed my seating area quite a bit without altering the shape.

The gel pad alone would cut down on vibrations, like the man said, but it also contours to your "shape" a little.  It's semi firm though, so it doesn't have a lot of give.  That's why I did the foam replacement under the gel pad as well.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 14:57:35 PM
Quote from: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 14:07:45 PMPC I'm packing this dam seat up and sending it your way this winter so at least you have one project on the bike list  ;D

I think you're more like me and you learn best by doing! ;)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Reveen on April 13, 2014, 15:04:58 PM
Quote from: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 14:07:45 PM
Reveen , It's funny you mention the back seat . I sat on the back to see if the back portion pushed you forward and man I dam there slid out the seat . The bottom portion of the seat slides the passenger so forward I couldn't even touch the back rest . This seat is definately poorly designed .

PC I'm packing this dam seat up and sending it your way this winter so at least you have one project on the bike list  ;D

Also I would like to mention the handle bars on the 800 seem to be a little wider and angled out . I like the bars on the 800 much more , so the new beach bars are definately going on the 1500 for a winter project .

I haven't tried to sit in the passenger seat yet, but my wife says its just awkward and you really have to slouch in a weird position to be able to use the backrest. I want my wife to enjoy our riding together, so I either buy a new seat or try to fix the existing seat. I would really rather not buy a new seat, so I think I will do my best to try and flatten it out a bit.

The handlebars that are on my 1500 are very wide and comfortable (now that I added some pullback risers)

(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FQUX5QKs.jpg&hash=3ca6c79291adfa1982f0d2ce8ce012c34325ab70)
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FXFMzObA.jpg&hash=2a2926da99802af11ba82e905b3ea697240705f3)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 13, 2014, 15:10:51 PM
  Well I cannot wait to try out my new seat, but then I never had any issues with my 800's stock seat.........
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 15:42:40 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 13, 2014, 15:10:51 PM
  Well I cannot wait to try out my new seat, but then I never had any issues with my 800's stock seat.........

I have a stock solo seat and I have the Fire & Steel 2up, and I can tell you for a fact that the Fire & Steel Corbin foamed seat is WAY harder then the stock foamed seat.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 20:23:58 PM
PC thanks for the seat tip , it's definitely on the to do winter list .

I changed out the two-up to the solo seat today and man what a HUGE difference on posture and comfort , not to mention the beauty of those big fenders .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 13, 2014, 21:02:52 PM
Yeah, that solo seat makes her a real looker, huh?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 13, 2014, 21:16:04 PM
PC it's like night and day when exposing  those fenders  ;)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 20, 2014, 19:51:03 PM
A few more added on accessories today . Seat rail , rack , and visors .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on April 20, 2014, 19:53:03 PM
Nice looking, D1!  I like that all-silver tank emblem a lot better than the newer ones.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 20, 2014, 19:58:06 PM
  looks good and what about visors for the signal lights?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 20, 2014, 20:22:53 PM
Thanks ratman , I too like the all silver emblems a lot better . All the items I put on today are accessories I've purchased since December , when first learning of pilgrims sale of such bike . I think I'll be adding the directional visors as well soon , being I like the appearance they gave after seeing them installed on your ride last year  ;)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on April 20, 2014, 20:58:59 PM
  Personally I think it just makes the bike look more finished then leaving them off.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/lightvisorsandaccents.aspx

part number is HH-664-051   $20.95 pair.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/search.aspx?find=hh+664+051
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 21, 2014, 08:36:53 AM
Looking great Richie!

You know, now that you have one of each model, we're going to require an in depth riding review highlighting the best and worst of each model and a side by side comparison, right?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 21, 2014, 18:08:22 PM
Ratman I agree , the visor's look great and add that classy touch . I appreciate the provided link and will order them up this weekend  ;)

PC , thanks for the compliment my good man . I'll be sure to provide side by side pictures once I finally get MA-DEUCE all back together and out the basement . I'm still waiting on my goods from Ospreys . I have to be honest I'm a little disappointed with this outfit .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Pilgrim on April 21, 2014, 19:47:41 PM
Looks good Rich...that solo seat & rail set her off bro. A good balance of chrome & black. You will appreciate that rack too, I cargo net my leather to mine in the afternoons after it warms up. When you gonna cut that windshield down to size...lol.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 21, 2014, 19:58:46 PM
Quote from: Pilgrim on April 21, 2014, 19:47:41 PM
Looks good Rich...that solo seat & rail set her off bro. A good balance of chrome & black. You will appreciate that rack too, I cargo net my leather to mine in the afternoons after it warms up. When you gonna cut that windshield down to size...lol.
LOL .... Pilgrim I was waiting for someone to ask me that  ;D Honestly man with the 800 still in the basement I just need to ride  8) , but as soon as Osprey sends me my leathers I'll wheel the 800 out and cut down the storm door on front of the 1500 I promise ... LOL . Thanks for the compliment Brian , I'm going to hunt down a bag for the rack if I can find one to my likings I'll have one made .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on April 22, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
Quote from: Drift1 on April 21, 2014, 18:08:22 PMI have to be honest I'm a little disappointed with this outfit .

What's not to like?
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on April 22, 2014, 20:11:50 PM
Quote from: pcarrell on April 22, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
What's not to like?
Pastor dude , think I'm just to anxious of getting the bike back together and always hated the waiting game  :o .. Must say though , if the right shade was sent in the first place the wait would have been over two weeks ago . David's craftsmanship is fantastic though , I must admit . My biggest complaint is the customer relations , as far as being updated and he's real short on response if that makes since ? Basically one liners , not something someone wants to hear when your paying top dollar for product . Ok my bitching rant is over now .... LOL
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on May 30, 2014, 21:49:13 PM
Just wanted to post , up to date pictures . I too , like a few others on the forum . went with the Shinko's and so far I'm enjoying how they handle . Granted I only put about 167 miles on them . I also added the luggage rack bag to the two-up seat back rest . I just strapped it around the rest and it holds nice and tight . Aidan has been on me to put the two-up seat on so he could go for a ride , so today we installed everything and took him on his first ride . I'm still trying to decide , if I should add it to the luggage rack when riding solo or not . The only thing I don't like about the bag is the fact there's no spots ( studs ) on the sides . Adding the studs is on the to do list . Pilgrim , hopefully this weekend I'll cut the windscreen down  ::) LOL Anyways here's a few pics and I'll add more tomorrow with Aidan on the bike .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on May 30, 2014, 23:01:36 PM
Quote from: Drift1 on May 30, 2014, 21:49:13 PM
Just wanted to post , up to date pictures . I too , like a few others on the forum . went with the Shinko's and so far I'm enjoying how they handle . Granted I only put about 167 miles on them . I also added the luggage rack bag to the two-up seat back rest . I just strapped it around the rest and it holds nice and tight . Aidan has been on me to put the two-up seat on so he could go for a ride , so today we installed everything and took him on his first ride . I'm still trying to decide , if I should add it to the luggage rack when riding solo or not . The only thing I don't like about the bag is the fact there's no spots ( studs ) on the sides . Adding the studs is on the to do list . Pilgrim , hopefully this weekend I'll cut the windscreen down  ::) LOL Anyways here's a few pics and I'll add more tomorrow with Aidan on the bike .
Great looking ride, D1.  You're right, though- that bag is definitely not studly enough!    That could be fixed, though.   I believe Mr. Troll added some to his...
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on May 31, 2014, 07:32:14 AM
That's a great looking ride there Richie!  I'll bet Aidan is WAY excited!
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on May 31, 2014, 09:49:54 AM
Quote from: greenbarn on May 30, 2014, 23:01:36 PM
Great looking ride, D1.  You're right, though- that bag is definitely not studly enough!    That could be fixed, though.   I believe Mr. Troll added some to his...
GB the bag looks WAY to plain from the side view . I believe your right , Troll added some to his as well  ::) Definitely an easy fix , at least .

PC , Aidan had a blast and so did Dad for that matter . We went on a nice 50 mile run this morning as MAMA was still asleep .... LOL  Little guy is hooked now so my guess is the two up seat will be staying on for awhile . I wish I had the skills of the one Mr. Troll . I really like what he did and the look of that Nomad seat mod . Think this is priority on the to do list this winter  ::)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on May 31, 2014, 13:43:08 PM
OK, so here's the challenge Drift1.  You have a new ride in the stable.  She (or is it a he?) needs a name!  It can be as simple as "Lady", or as into it as "Pocahontas", but she needs a name.  The sooner the better!  And Aidan needs to have a hand in it I'd say!
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on September 13, 2014, 09:02:19 AM
Well it's been some time  since posting on this thread , but here's a little over due up date . We've decided ( Aidan ) to name the 1500 " Miss Ruby " . We added some floor board fringe with studs as well as the front fender tip . IMOP the tip adds a nice touch to this machine . It's starting to get chilly and find that my hands seem to get cold a lot more often then in the past . Either my circulation is getting bad , for numerous reasons , or it's just age creeping upon me  :o .

A few weeks ago I attended a benefit ride benefit called , " Lost Wheels " . Very big turn out , as this benefit started in the early 70"s . There was well over 500 bikes and of course only one drifter  :D . To a surprise " Miss Ruby " won peoples choice at the benefit . I wasn't expecting that ,as it was overwhelming with Harley enthusiast  ;) I guess Harley rider's themselves know a good machine when they see one  ;D Of course I could hear people say , " look at that Indian " as they walked up and spotted the Kawi tank emblem ... SURPRISE .... LOL .... Any way here's a few picture's  8)
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on September 13, 2014, 09:12:57 AM
Sorry guys It is only letting this picture down load . One of these days I'll figure out how to down size the photo to get them to post , and Aidan's not home at the moment ..... ;D ;) ... LOL
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Troll on September 13, 2014, 09:47:29 AM
What ever photo editor you're using, click on the "image" menu and choose resize or resample. 1920x1080 usually gets the picture down to the  limit for posting here. Save the picture in a directory you are using for pictures. I use Irfanview for basic photo editing and scanning, and a bunch of other multimedia functions. It's free and works very well.  http://www.irfanview.com/
Don't forget the plug-ins and filters.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: CDNRatMan on September 13, 2014, 13:56:21 PM
  Congrats, I use the program that came with my camera and it does a really good job.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: pcarrell on September 13, 2014, 14:10:08 PM
Congrats Richie!
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on September 15, 2014, 17:22:39 PM
CONGRATS Richie!!!    Nice trophy!!!

Speaking of fender tip.....    Aw, never mind....
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Drift1 on September 16, 2014, 05:38:34 AM
Thank you guys ... For installing the picture's , I have window's 8 . I use my phone for all my picture taking being I always have it ready available . What I do is email the picture's to myself , then download them to the computer . Troll I did as you said and click on the image to find picture size option with no luck . It has rotate left , right etc. There has to be a way to down size image's to be able to post them to the forum . Unfortunately for me , I obviously haven't figured it out yet . Once riding season comes to a halt I'll have plenty of time to play with this matter . Ride safe guy's .
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: greenbarn on September 18, 2014, 21:48:25 PM
Not sure about win 8, but try right-clicking the picture, then if the pop-up menu has an "edit" option, use that - it will  most likely be the windows editing function, and should include a sizing tool.
Title: Re: just unloaded the new toy
Post by: Troll on September 19, 2014, 08:21:41 AM
Quote from: Drift1 on September 16, 2014, 05:38:34 AM
Thank you guys ... For installing the picture's , I have window's 8 . I use my phone for all my picture taking being I always have it ready available . What I do is email the picture's to myself , then download them to the computer . Troll I did as you said and click on the image to find picture size option with no luck . It has rotate left , right etc. There has to be a way to down size image's to be able to post them to the forum . Unfortunately for me , I obviously haven't figured it out yet . Once riding season comes to a halt I'll have plenty of time to play with this matter . Ride safe guy's .
Did you install Irfanview first? Have you updated to Win 8.1 and fixed all the annoyances yet?