We are looking to expand the following areas of interest and need moderators.
These areas will require you to visit frequently, moderate discussions in these areas, research and post pertinent information and answer related questions.
You don't need to be an EXPERT and you aren't obligating yourself to do this for ever.
If you are interested in any of these, only one please, let me know via email. If you have an idea for an additional board and you are willing to moderate that board, let me know that too.
Send the following to: chief@vulcandrifterriders.com or PM me. Or post a reply here!
- Name
- Name on Forum
- Email address
- Area of interest
- Why you are the best choice
OPEN AREAS:
- Tools- MODERATOR: Greenbarn
- Motorcycle Electronics - has to know about bike electrical and electronics - Would like TWO people on this one.
- TRIKE, Sidecar and Trailer - MODERATOR: 49Reo
- Safety and Skills- MODERATOR: Troll
- Women Bikers - MODERATOR: DriftinGirl
- Motorcycle Books - track down, review, and post info. (We have a book section on Amazon to sell most books) Someone poke John Hopkins!
- Off-Forum Sales-MODERATOR: 49Reo.
- Upcoming Events - keep track of bike related events around the world which might be of interest to our folks. Also a correspondent for Drift-In etc. Wide open!
- All the International Chapter areas - have to live in the country ...some already have moderators
- INK n Thunder: MODERATOR: Jmbo
- Drifter resource guru - 49Reo will be doing some of this as moderator for off-forum sales. I will be assisting and we need a couple of more folks.
- Any other board on the forum - If you would prefer to moderate a board not listed, let us know.
Cheers.
No contract required, no enlistment papers... you can do it until you are tired of doing it... moderate a board I mean.
you can do it until you are tired of doing it... moderate a board I mean.
[/quote]
I'm glad you clarified that.......... ;D
You definitely don't need to be an expert.....I'm not!
Yeah, I'm evidence of that!!
Chief , wish I had the time , computer experience and not to mention much better motorcycle skills to help out . No pressure intended here guys , but I'd have to vote troll in for Drifter 1500 not to mention the 800 only section as well as GB here . Ratman for the mod/tips section he does an amazing job labeling pictures with great info to boot .
I'll take a shot at "Ink N Thunder"
Name Jim Bousman
Name on Forum Jmbo
Email address jimbousman@yahoo.com
Area of interest Stink and Blunder
Why you are the best choice I'm a retired designer which mean I draw a lot, flies mostly especially on hot days.
I'll second jmbo, I reckon he's the best man for the job..
John.
Quote from: jmbo on February 08, 2014, 20:13:02 PM
I'll take a shot at "Ink N Thunder"
I was hoping you'd take on that one! thanks.
I definitely second Troll for electronics/mechanical issues; he is without a doubt the best choice there. GB is also an excellent reference for mechanical and electrical issues. (Don't forget, guys, the "promo" bribe money is cash only, and DON'T tell Chief!!)
Nominations are great but I have to hear from the candidates themselves... we can't draft... yet! 8)
Quote from: chief on February 10, 2014, 10:14:05 AM
Nominations are great but I have to hear from the candidates themselves... we can't draft... yet! 8)
When you start the draft..I suggest Reo and ratman for to co-moderate the 'lets be polite to everyone' forum..
John.
Quote from: John Hopkins on February 10, 2014, 14:23:00 PM
When you start the draft..I suggest Reo and ratman for to co-moderate the 'lets be polite to everyone' forum..
John.
Whatever I say will be wrong!! ::)
Didn't see that on coming.....now to figure out what I said to him....... ???
Well I am under the impression that 49 and I are extremely polite and kind to everyone but each other, and that is because 49 is so much like a slinky toy or younger brother. Now to explain
Slinky toy, not sure why it was invented, not sure what it is good for, not really a toy, but it sure is fun knocking it down a set of stairs.
Younger brother, parents tell you they brought him home for you, but you can not play with it, not allowed to do anything with it because it needs to sleep and eat, everyone comes to see him and forgets you........then when he is older you still get yelled at for making him a parachute and pushing him off the barn, or you really catch hell for dragging him behind the wagon with the horse like in Ben Hur..........
so I'll pass on this offer........
I was wondering if you would consider changing "Ink N Thunder" to Ink, Art, N Thunder" to include motorcycle art as a part of the blog.
Quote from: chief on February 10, 2014, 16:58:28 PM
Whatever I say will be wrong!! ::)
Did some little lady convince you of that? ;)
If you don't see a moderator's name associated with a board - in the board listing - , that means its open for you to volunteer as a moderator. If there is a moderator you can speak with that moderator and see if he/she needs/wants help.
I'd like to get two people to handle the Electrical/Electronics board.
ANY other board without a moderator is available. Remember, this isn't rocket science... you just need to be able to visit frequently and add a few posts to the board you are moderating.
Also, we are open to any new boards you might want. You don't have to moderate any board you suggest, but it would be nice if you did.
The point of all this is to expand the forum and make it more valuable to all of us.
Cheers.
still looking
Quote from: chief on February 05, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
We are looking to expand the following areas of interest and need moderators.
- Motorcycle Books - track down, review, and post info. (We have a book section on Amazon to sell most books) Someone poke John Hopkins!
I'm sorry Chief, I would not be a good choice , I know so little about modern American culture, I don't have the background knowledge to understand what taboo's you have..I just wrote a book about the country I live in and how I felt riding all over it in the rain..
I am a full time moderator on a forum called 100% biker and you would be shocked by the words, free thinking and insults that are said as a joke on there..We are a totally different culture sharing almost the same languge but not the same restrictions on the use of that language..
John.