Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: dakuhosu on August 31, 2013, 20:53:23 PM

Title: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: dakuhosu on August 31, 2013, 20:53:23 PM
Great ride to Ignacio today, I went by Alamosa first and checked out the early iron show then went up through Wolf Creek Pass through Pagosa Springs to the Rally and then came back through Chama. Pretty epic.
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: Troll on August 31, 2013, 21:27:57 PM
I like riding in Colorado...been a few years, now. Going to have to go back. My wife and I rode into Rocky Mountain National park, I'm thinking, like '99...from Estes, and as we go up, she asks me about what the "tree line" means...she wasn't amused
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: dakuhosu on September 01, 2013, 09:26:40 AM
I did a little over 400 miles. I saw every kind of weather too, at one point I was just being poured on and the temp dropped to about 55, then I felt a few hail stones. My ride started at 8:30am and ended after 7. I barely got off the bike the whole time, too. I did a shortcut to my house that is 22 miles down a dirt road.
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: 49Reo on September 01, 2013, 11:25:03 AM
That first pic is an excellent shot; would look good enlarged and framed. :)
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: greenbarn on September 01, 2013, 14:38:59 PM
Quote from: 49Reo on September 01, 2013, 11:25:03 AM
That first pic is an excellent shot; would look good enlarged and framed. :)
I'll have to agree with that!  EXCELLENT pic, Dak...  ;D
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: dakuhosu on September 01, 2013, 19:42:56 PM
I was thinking of you all when I grabbed the camera ;D. I gotta admit I love that bike! If I had to pick just one thing I could not live without it would be that Indian head on the front fender. That just looks like money.
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: Gerhardberger on September 24, 2013, 02:13:56 AM
Really nice bike and even nicer landscape...
Title: Re: Took a cruise to the rally in ignacio
Post by: dakuhosu on September 24, 2013, 08:42:51 AM
Yea, the riding out here is really awesome. The roads are newly paved, plenty of gas stations and small town friendly people...except my town, don't come here. But aside from that, it's amazing. I'm really glad I got the 1500 first, I imagine the FI makes all the difference at all these different altitudes. From 5k up to about 12k so that's a pretty big swing. The sheer size makes you a go a little slower and be a little more cautious, your not going to throw this thing around.