Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: 49Reo on May 30, 2013, 17:12:05 PM

Title: Our weather: phooey
Post by: 49Reo on May 30, 2013, 17:12:05 PM
So far this week, about 2" of rain. (50.8mm for you metrics) No riding, (the breaks of living on a dirt road) lawn growing in leaps and bounds. Finally said to myself, "self, that lawn ain't gonna cut itself, you better go do it." So, I agreed, went out and started cutting it wet. Then the rain started again. Then the lawn was VERY wet. So was I. Soaked to the skin, but the Craftsman lawn tractor came through. (It will probably take an hour to clean out the deck now) Oh well, maybe next week I can go riding.....I hope! Hope the rest of you are having better weather!!!
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: CDNRatMan on May 30, 2013, 17:43:26 PM
 Called for thunder storms all day but it neve happened was really muggy and hot. Rain in the forecast for the morning, and all weekend, have plans to go and celebrate a 50th birthday with a round of golf on Sunday but don't think that is going to happen. But in the morning I am going to do the sprocket swap.
Thgis has been one really wet spring lots of rain...good for the grass....thick and tall.....
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: Troll on May 30, 2013, 17:52:24 PM
We are like +4 1/2" of rain above average for the month (drought last year), more predicted tonight. We got 1.7" at the airport (who lives there?) last night..I posted a pic of my bike next to the Mississippi, just as another thunderstorm arrived. It's under recorded rides.
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: 49Reo on May 30, 2013, 20:58:00 PM
Well, so much for bellyachin' about the weather....we just got SLAMMED with rain; between 1 1/2 and 2" in less than a half hour. My driveway looked like a stream, water pouring down from my shop all the way down the driveway to the road, about 100 yards, as well as across the yard. Hopefully we don't end up with water in the crawlspace....almost 9 years here and hasn't happened yet hope this isn't the year... :D
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: DC on May 31, 2013, 06:30:20 AM
My problem is the yardwork that's keeping me from riding.  I'm seeing a bad pattern forming here.

Rain = no riding.

No rain = yardwork = no riding.
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: CDNRatMan on May 31, 2013, 09:41:05 AM
   was suppoed to be raining and cloudy today.....well it is hot and clear sunny and the humidity is like 90%....lol just want some nice days...so DC too hot for yard work so I have to go and try out my new front sprocket......ok later must go and do a road test.......
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: greenbarn on May 31, 2013, 09:49:54 AM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on May 31, 2013, 09:41:05 AM
   ...well it is hot and clear sunny and the humidity is like 90%....lol just want some nice days...

What is hot to you?  60F/ 15C ???

Anxiously waiting on news from your sprocket swap.  My prediction :  I know you'll like it - I just think you'll want more, and want to do the rear too.
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: CDNRatMan on May 31, 2013, 11:15:11 AM
 ;)  GreenBarn Sir......I happen to like the cold, I thrive in colder climes then most people. I was in TX, once on course and in Jan. had the A/C going full blast in my room.....I was attached to the Winter Warfare school and loved the work. 68* to 70* F is hot enough for me. A person can always dress for the weather but you can only strip down so far........PC want pictures of that buddy....lol.....
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: greenbarn on June 01, 2013, 09:59:13 AM
Quote from: 49Reo on May 30, 2013, 17:12:05 PM
So far this week, about 2" of rain. (50.8mm for you metrics) No riding, (the breaks of living on a dirt road) lawn growing in leaps and bounds. Finally said to myself, "self, that lawn ain't gonna cut itself, you better go do it." So, I agreed, went out and started cutting it wet. Then the rain started again. Then the lawn was VERY wet. So was I. Soaked to the skin, but the Craftsman lawn tractor came through. (It will probably take an hour to clean out the deck now) Oh well, maybe next week I can go riding.....I hope! Hope the rest of you are having better weather!!!

49, I got to thinking about it, and this will work itself out if you hang in there.  With the spring warmer temperatures always lead to spring showers and thunderstorms.  The rain will lead to more warm weather and humidity.  The humidity and warm weather will ALWAYS make the grass grow- a lot.  Then the humidity leads to more rain, which makes the grass grow even more.  With all this YARD MOWING, the mower is bound to break sooner or later, and then you can make a parts run ON THE BIKE!!!!!

If nothing else, I'm sure the oil in the mower could stand to be changed, from all the HOURS MOWING...

See, no worries.
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: CDNRatMan on June 01, 2013, 12:07:21 PM
  perhaps I should start cutting my own lawn then......
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: 49Reo on June 01, 2013, 15:12:23 PM
Quote from: greenbarn on June 01, 2013, 09:59:13 AM
49, I got to thinking about it, and this will work itself out if you hang in there.  With the spring warmer temperatures always lead to spring showers and thunderstorms.  The rain will lead to more warm weather and humidity.  The humidity and warm weather will ALWAYS make the grass grow- a lot.  Then the humidity leads to more rain, which makes the grass grow even more.  With all this YARD MOWING, the mower is bound to break sooner or later, and then you can make a parts run ON THE BIKE!!!!!

If nothing else, I'm sure the oil in the mower could stand to be changed, from all the HOURS MOWING...

See, no worries.

Oh, you're funny! ;D
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: DC on June 03, 2013, 11:57:52 AM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on May 31, 2013, 09:41:05 AM
   was suppoed to be raining and cloudy today.....well it is hot and clear sunny and the humidity is like 90%....lol just want some nice days...so DC too hot for yard work so I have to go and try out my new front sprocket......ok later must go and do a road test.......

So I was all set to go riding yesterday, even though I knew that rain was a possibility.  I donned my riding gear, headed out to the garage to warm up the bike.  No sooner did I start it, then it starts raining.   >:(  So I go back in the house and come up with plan B.  I get out of my riding garb and then decide to do some errands in the truck.  I set out on that trek.  The rain had stopped, but the roads were still wet.  About an hour later. the roads had dried up and I'm miles from home.  Of course I'm seeing everyone out on their bikes.  Finished the errands, I headed home for a chance to ride.  No sooner do I get home then the skies darker and begin to rumble.  Okay, Plan C is now out the window.  So I never did get to ride yesterday.   :P
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: CDNRatMan on June 03, 2013, 12:16:56 PM
  Sounds like my golf day.....buddy's 50th birthday and every year we play a round of golf on his Birthday.....started raining on 5 on six he said it would stop soon....well 17 it finally stopped enough to see the balls and find the greens.....but it was a wet fun day.....
Title: Re: Our weather: phooey
Post by: greenbarn on June 03, 2013, 15:31:43 PM
Quote from: DC on June 03, 2013, 11:57:52 AM
So I was all set to go riding yesterday, even though I knew that rain was a possibility.  I donned my riding gear, headed out to the garage to warm up the bike.  No sooner did I start it, then it starts raining.   >:(  So I go back in the house and come up with plan B.  I get out of my riding garb and then decide to do some errands in the truck.  I set out on that trek.  The rain had stopped, but the roads were still wet.  About an hour later. the roads had dried up and I'm miles from home.  Of course I'm seeing everyone out on their bikes.  Finished the errands, I headed home for a chance to ride.  No sooner do I get home then the skies darker and begin to rumble.  Okay, Plan C is now out the window.  So I never did get to ride yesterday.   :P
You sure you're not in OHIO?  that sounds like our weather around here.   Now, Yesterday, I did get about 70-80 miles in, but thought I might get wet in the morning.