Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 1500 only => Topic started by: jmbo on April 26, 2013, 19:30:36 PM

Title: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: jmbo on April 26, 2013, 19:30:36 PM
Well I finally got it to work.  thanks to a led form this site I managed to score a Roadhouse 2-in-1 exhaust for my Drifter.  The first problem was it was for a Nomad. The second problem is it missing a few parts. But since I only paid 1/4 of retail for it, I'm not complaining.  I managed to scrounge the clamps I needed and being no stranger to a a little tin banging, I fabbed a new bracket.  And then I fabbed another one.  And finally three times the charm. Fits like a glove and boy do I like the sound.
Title: Re: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: Pilgrim on April 26, 2013, 21:22:43 PM
Well alright! Looks good too.
Title: Re: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: David Baker on April 27, 2013, 04:44:59 AM
GR8 Job jmbo... Looks sweeeet!
Title: Re: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: John Hopkins on April 27, 2013, 07:54:15 AM
That does look good..

A little tip for next time you fab a bracket..

make it out of paper first then copy it.

John.
Title: Re: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: Petemoss on April 27, 2013, 08:03:08 AM
Sweet! The Roadhouse  sound awesome.
Title: Re: Nomad Roadhouse exhaust on 1500 Drifter
Post by: CWDRIFTER on May 01, 2013, 18:52:06 PM
What also works for Duals ona drifter is buy the Vance and Hines nomad crossover pipe ($85 or so) and then head to the swap meet for some silencers.  Works great..you do have to relocate the voltage regulator.    but really ends up looking cool.
Not as cool as the discontinued Cobra 2 into one exhause that really looks "Indian" like.
so there you go...an alternative to Roadhouse.