Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 06:41:22 AM

Title: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 06:41:22 AM
caught this on ebay right now kawasaki 800 drifter parts from walt disney park bikes.

2001 Vulcan Drifter 800 'body set' - Custom painted. Includes: Fenders, gas tank, front caliper cover, fender rack, and side covers. The paint is Grey with large multi-color metal flake, in Blue, Green, Red, and Gold. (See the close-up pics)

                           *** These will fit any 2000 to 2006 Drifter 800 ***  The 'GREY GHOST' story:

~  Here is what I know about these parts, after talking to the dealer in Orlando who sold them to me on eBay. In 2001, Disney World bought 6 new Drifter 800s to use on a theme ride at the park. The bikes were all painted by Disney World in their own shop. The engines were never run as the bikes were pulled along by cables when in use. After 2 years, the ride was closed and an Orlando motorcycle shop was hired to part out the 6 bikes. The bikes were disassembled and the parts sold on eBay. You could buy a complete engine, fenders, a frame, wheels, etc but not a whole bike (Disney would not sell a complete bike because of liability issues)  I bought the parts shown here. I installed them on my 2000 Drifter for about 18 months, then removed and carefully stored them until now.  I added a pair of new 'vintage' Indian 80 decals to the gas tank. I had a pair of "GREY GHOST" decals custom make in chrome to fit onto the Indian 80 decals. All the parts are in excellent shape. No holes have been drilled in the fenders except 3 small holes for the rear rack bolts.  The BUY IT NOW price includes free UPS ground shipping anywhere in the U.S. 48 states (excludes Alaska and Hawaii ) No international shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Drifter-800-fender-tank-side-covers-body-set-Custom-paint-NICE-/321075909073?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac19d91d1&vxp=mtr







Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: pcarrell on February 20, 2013, 09:11:55 AM
Yeah, I think we had a guy on here a couple of years ago that was restoring one of these Disney bikes.  He had most of it together.  Interesting history on them.
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: DC on February 20, 2013, 11:04:29 AM
Wild metal flake on those parts!
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 18:58:36 PM
yes I liked the four color sparkles in the paint they did. Too bad they disassembled the bikes would have been neat to see them complete.

t6
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: CDNRatMan on February 20, 2013, 19:05:12 PM
  Well T6 just buy an 800 and then remove all the parts and replace them with that grey ghost stuff........You would look really cool riding one of them.....
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 20:30:12 PM
Bad part is he wants 1500 for the parts

t6
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: CDNRatMan on February 20, 2013, 20:35:54 PM
t6 if I had your money I would burn mine.......

you and PC with enough money you could both feed and cloth the forum for years....


lol
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: pcarrell on February 20, 2013, 20:54:02 PM
RIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!
Title: Re: interesting 800 drifter parts from walt disney bikes
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 21:09:34 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 20, 2013, 20:35:54 PM
t6 if I had your money I would burn mine.......

you and PC with enough money you could both feed and cloth the forum for years....


lol
Where ya gettin that one Ratman I couldnit buy a wrestling jacket for a piss ant if they were two bits a dozen ha ha!