Hey, Folks. Are there any artists in the VDR forum that might like to design a t-shirt for me? A brief history...
My family - parents, brothers and sister-in-laws and all of our kids are renting a cabin in Gatlinburg this summer. It's not our first one all together but it's a important one and we are all looking forward to a good time. With family spread across the country and my Dad's pancreatic cancer, we may not get many more chances for a big ol get together.
So, with three bikes riding down and cars full of kids and of course with a name like "Whoo Hoo Moonshine Tour" we figured we needed a t-shirt. What we are looking for is two designs. One for the Adults "Moonshine Tour" and one for the kids "Moo Shine Tour". We figured it would look better if the wee ones wore a shirt that had milk instead of whiskey on it.
If anyone is interested the pay is terrible. Just awful. However if you like to work for free and would like a free t-shirt of your design this is the job for you. I completely understand if I get no takers, so no offense if no on wants to. If so, many thanks and a free shirt is on the way!
I need to add whatever designs people come up with will be voted on by my family. So, if we get 2-3 different designs, only one wins the grand prize of a cheap t-shirt. lol.
I'm over that direction all the time... we have a buddy with a cabin... and we are having a family reunion there... we have one every two years. When are you going?
Mid July.
Gonna be hot that time of year and a lot of traffic. Be careful!
Gonna have to make some assumptions here..shoot me if I get them wrong
your dad rides a bike..
this could be his last ride..
The trip is all about saying goodbye..and remembering..
Take a photo of your dad, standing behind his bike like this..
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi55.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg150%2FHopkins_photos%2FGEDC0019.jpg&hash=23a245aea8e504372f2680324f1ac6253283ee85)
and then write the message above and below it..
John.
He used to ride, hasn't for some time. He may or may not ride there. Actually it's a brother and my son who's riding down. And it's definitely not time to say bye. We're going for a good time and being together. We're not looking for a pic of anyone, more of a cartoonish drawing with color to kind of encorporate all things. Are you a artist, John?
Usually printing costs escalate by color. You should get with a printer you want to use and tell him what you want (how many T-shirts, type of t-shirts, time frames, etc.) and see what it'll cost you per color. If budget limits you to say, 2 colors, then that will affect the design. You can sometimes get a third "color" by using a colored T-shirt. Right now I'm wearing a Drift-In 09 T-shirt that's maroon with yellow and black printing on it for example. Usually the smaller the run of shirts, the more expensive each color is. As I said, that info can have a great impact on the final design.
No I'm not an artist..
google cartoon biker pictures..if you want a bike picture..
or just google cartoon 'your choice' picture
John.
Are you doing Pigeon Forge while you're there? Stop over and see Dolly.
Quote from: DC on February 21, 2013, 07:08:46 AM
Are you doing Pigeon Forge while you're there? Stop over and see Dolly.
Ha. Yea, we will be there 7-8 days. Gotta hit the Dixie Stampede for sure. We have two solid days of riding planned, one day with the wives and one day just the guys. Probably going to do some rafting and at least a day in the Smokies just hiking. That's about all we have have planned so far. Does anyone knows of a great non-touristy restaurant? I'll have to pay extra attention to the Food Network's Diners, Dives and Drivie In's. lol...
Make sure you go to the aquarium in gatlinburg. Riding... it will be hot, there will be a lot of traffic and the roads can be twisty... so if your Dad hasn't ridden for a while, this is probably not the time/place to start it up again.
I hate Dixie Stampede... you are packed in like sardines - if you have anyone in a wheel chair ... good luck. There are some new shows in Pigeon Forge if you are into the dinner theater thing.
The restaurants are all touristy in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge nowadays. You have to get away from there to find anything that isn't. There's a big Bass Pro Shop at the interstate and a Chop House Restaurant in a shopping area next door. Its good food (steaks etc). We go to Huck Finn's for catfish in Pigeon Forge on the main drag... down homey... and good. There's a Corky's BBQ in Pigeon Forge now as well as the Bennetts thats been there forever. I don't like any of the buffets. I enjoy the smaller pub places in Gatlinburg - you just have to time it when the places aren't packed. May be a car show on the main drag of PF... not sure about the timing.
See if something like this works
A simple 1 color design. Should price out good, and it looks good. You could just change the wording and lose the bottle for the little ones, but keep the format and script.
Hey jimbo that's awesome. Can you throw a motorbike riding out of that bottle? And a jug of milk for the wee ones. But, that looks great.
Gld you like it, No problem with the Moo hine version. Not sure I undertand the motorbike version
I'll take a couple in XL thanks.....lol.....
Quote from: jmbo on February 21, 2013, 16:58:47 PM
Gld you like it, No problem with the Moo hine version. Not sure I undertand the motorbike version
I don't know. Maybe two-three bikes riding on it somewhere. Or just a bike riding in the mason jar. We're a well rounded bunch. We play acoustic guitars and ride, cook, drink and attend church. (Wow, that looks funny all together) so, you could do throw a guitar on the back. You know, I really don't know. That's kinda why I'm asking for help. I know the jar looks awesome, just maybe needs a little more detail. Or not. Beggars can't be choosers. So anything you want to call finished is fine by me. Thank you. I'll be sharing this or anything else you or anyone else comes up with. And thank you.
try these
Now you're cookin'!
yes I'll reorder a couple of the bike ones....lol.....
jmbo, I sent you a private message.
Quote from: jmbo on February 21, 2013, 20:11:02 PM
try these
Pretty cool design.......would like one of those myself.....if you are going to sell some..xlarge.
Regards,
I don't plan on selling them. But, outside of the one or two I'll buy jmbo, I would assume the more I buy the cheaper they are. So, I will order them at cost and mail them as long as you pay shipping.
I'm still in for a decent price, not a PC price....but for a forum member price....lol....
I asked him for to display our last name above the jar for the back. And add a guitar bike graphic on the front. So, for all you non family members I will just leave the family name off the shirt.
See if this works. If so then I can send a high rez image for your printer.
Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 22, 2013, 18:26:31 PM
I'm still in for a decent price, not a PC price....but for a forum member price....lol....
HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!
Awesome! Looks great. Let me run these by the others.
Why?
QuoteHEY!!!! I resemble that remark!
I have it on good athourity that you still have the original moth that got caught in your wallet when you first bought it in 1960. So nothing new about you never spending money, and people raise the price around you just to get to you.......
Hey, that moth is an antique!
these images are great. I only see one problem...spelling. The original design had "tour" spelled correctly..after that the o and u were transposed. Sorry to have to point this out, but better somebody says something before the shirts are made up...
seen that but thought that was how they spelt that word in Ohio....... :o sorry
Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 23, 2013, 16:20:39 PM
seen that but thought that was how they spelt that word in Ohio....... :o sorry
Zing! Yeeouch.
This reminded me...the village employees where I grew up painted "SKOOL" in large white letters across the street to mark the school zone. They had the same teachers as me.
Pretty cool shirts,Petemoss.Especially like how you even involved the youngins with the mooshine that's awsome.Very sweet design tactics on this Jmbo.If It's going to make your cost cheaper for bulk I may be in the market for a few myself....would need one for my little guy,as well.......Troll I was just pointing that out myself when the warning while you were typing message popped up....good catch!Could've just played it off by saying that's why the younger bunch drink the moo-shine....LOL
Okay, jmbo, this is a go. Everyone loves the design. I guess the only thing is the "tour" spelling. Fix that and it's good. Can you email me high res images of all the designs except for the bike on top the jar graphic? So, the milk jug, mason jar, mason jar with last name and the guitar/bike graphic for the front. I should have a guy who can print them up, I called him today and he'll see what he can do.
Quote from: Drift1 on February 23, 2013, 21:13:16 PM
Pretty cool shirts,Petemoss.Especially like how you even involved the youngins with the mooshine that's awsome.
I can't take credit for that, it was the kids idea! Damn, they have more sense now than I ever did!
Quote from: Petemoss on February 23, 2013, 21:02:53 PM
This reminded me...the village employees where I grew up painted "SKOOL" in large white letters across the street to mark the school zone.
So that was YOUR SCHOOL? I know I saw that picture on the internet someplace. I just thought it was "someplace else". Go bucks...
Anyways - Chief is right - it's hot down there in July. But if you get about 15 miles East of Gatlinburg - it's about 10 degrees cooler there, in the heat of the day. We have stayed at the a Yogi Bear Jellystone park campground there, and it was great - 85 in town, 75 out there... If you haven't reserved your cabins yet, consider staying east of town near there - cooler, and less traffic/crowds. Chief should verify this - we've only visited here, but this was our experience and I got the impression is was the norm.
I guess it depends on what your family likes - either being in the crowd, or away from it.
But , Check out the "crafter's loop", I think they call it - while you're there (if you like that kind of stuff). I believe it goes up off of 321 on Glade Rd, and makes a loop back to 321 eventually. Lots of hand crafted items - pottery, glass, woodworking, dulcimers, etc. - and very little of the standard 'gotcha' shops. This was our favorite last time we visited.
Quote from: greenbarn on March 01, 2013, 21:09:22 PM
So that was YOUR SCHOOL? I know I saw that picture on the internet someplace. I just thought it was "someplace else". Go bucks...
I can still remember my brother and I driving through town, looking at the road and laughing our butts off.
We have already booked at Gatlinburg Lights cabin. I'm not sure where it's at exactly. Looks like a nice place though.
I can handle heat, looking forward to it actually. We will be there 8 days and plan on cooling off at a water park one of those days and some friends have rented a cabin on a lake and we will spend a day there too. My wife and daughter loves the crafter circle type gift shops, so I'm sure we'll hit this. We'll ride a couple of days and to tell you the truth aside from that I'm looking forward to just hanging out in the cabin, having a few drinks and picking guitar. Nothing spells vacation like R E L A X I N G.
Jmbo, my cousin owns a trophy shop in eastern Ohio. He kinda has the market cornered on school spirit products and hopefully can print the shirts out for us. I'll keep youns posted on the progress so I can get sizes.
sounds like a fun time planned.
Check out Alewine pottery, on Glade road. There are TONS of pottery places near there, but we thought Alewine was really cool.
(disclaimer... i don't make any money off endorsements for alewine or any other pottery place....) ;D